FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: ProCutX iPad interface

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

T. Payton
Re: ProCutX iPad interface
on Feb 6, 2013 at 7:25:53 pm

[Nicholas Kleczewski] "And can anyone tell me what purpose a jog wheel really serves at this point, real or virtual?"

Well my ShuttlePro looks really cool sitting on my desk... I don't use it, but it sure looks impressive. ;)

Every once in a while I grab it and look through some footage. But then I go back to JKL or the skimmer.

I think that a control surface that would extend the FCP X interface and save desktop real estate would be a useful tool. A color board control that wouldn't require the color board inspector to be up would something that I would use.

Video scopes that would be shown just on the iPad would be useful. Faders and meters on audio bus mixer would be ideally suited for the iPad also.

Regarding the lack of tactile response, I believe that a cleverly implemented audio feedback system could get pretty close to a physical feedback. Hearing switches "click" and nobs turn would help quite a bit.

I think the big hangup on why these types of apps haven't appeared is that there is not an API for controlling FCP X. With FCP Legacy and Color we had hooks to allow developers to implement control surfaces, with FCP X we don't.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]