FORUMS: list search recent posts

New MacPro this spring?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Marcus Moore
Re: New MacPro this spring?
on Feb 6, 2013 at 2:50:51 pm

WWDC certainly seems like a logical launch platform.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Feb 6, 2013 at 3:38:01 pm

[Marcus Moore] "WWDC certainly seems like a logical launch platform."

Which isn't exactly "this spring". I would assume the are basing this off the same Tim Cook email as everyone else.

Return to posts index

Don Walker
on Feb 6, 2013 at 3:52:03 pm

If there is a new MacPro, a likely announcement event would be NAB. This would be a the largest gathering of the MacPro buying community. IMHO.

don walker
texarkana, texas

John 3:16

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on Feb 6, 2013 at 4:02:46 pm

I don' think Apple has ever launched new hardware at NAB.

I'll be thrilled if they're at NAB with FCPX, I think a new MacPro is WAY more likely at an Apple controlled event like WWDC.

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on Feb 6, 2013 at 4:00:13 pm

Uh, yeah it is. Spring is from March 20 to June 20. WWDC is usually early June.

RE: Tim Cook's email. That's specifically not what they're saying. They said this was a response statement to an enquiry to Apple from them. They could be wrong. They could be lying. But that's what they said in their newsletter.

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Feb 6, 2013 at 4:03:40 pm

[Gary Huff] "Which isn't exactly "this spring". I would assume the are basing this off the same Tim Cook email as everyone else."

I had a look at the links and, drawing on advanced Schoolboy french, can see that as you have assumed this prediction is based on the same Tim Cook email.

I picked up a 27" iMac last week and the Applestore said someone had just bought a Mac Pro with two 3.06GHz 6-Core Intel Xeons (12 cores) and other bits adding up to $9,000 worth.

Guess they needed it bad.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Feb 6, 2013 at 4:51:04 pm

[Mark Dobson] "I had a look at the links and, drawing on advanced Schoolboy french, can see that as you have assumed this prediction is based on the same Tim Cook email."

Not sure what you're saying here. It's about as bad as the translation from the link:

"However, we believe that the judgment of the Mac Pro is temporary, we Apple informed that a new Mac Pro will be released in spring 2013."

BTW, where's that Apple television set that everyone was sure was coming out in Q4 last year?

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on Feb 6, 2013 at 5:09:01 pm

Mark... Any talk about the AppleTV up to now is just analyst bullshit- there's never been any solid information on whatever plans Apple might have in the TV market. There's nothing BUT spin there.

The MacPro replacement was announced by Tim Cook for 2013. According to Larry Jordan's recent article, Apple PR confirmed with David Pogue right after that he was talking about MacPro.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 6, 2013 at 5:21:07 pm

As some have pointed there's a new "openness" at Apple.
That hasn't stopped the rumor mills but we are at a point where we need to differentiate between confirmed communications and rumors. Unless you think the retailer is "prevaricating" the post on reported communication with Apple is not "rumor" since it's something that seems to have occurred and a time frame referenced in that communication.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 6, 2013 at 5:43:51 pm

CNET reporting.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57567911-37/never-fear-europe-mac-pro-lik...
Apple declined to comment.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Feb 6, 2013 at 11:01:18 pm

Maybe the "new" MacPro is just one with power and fans now complying to European rules and regulations? Maybe it's a stop gap until one later? Could be the new one? Could be anything?!?!?! Seeing as communication has only been with a European based reseller, it could be either.

Michael

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 6, 2013 at 11:10:36 pm

If that were the case I don't think Apple would have commented on the March 1 date publicly. You'd more likely have seen ship dates pushed back as typically happens in their regional online store, while they get minor retooling for compliance.

Return to posts index

Baz Leffler
on Feb 7, 2013 at 12:08:53 am

As this is an 'international' forum, what is 'Spring'?
To us down under thats over 6 months away.
Why can't people use 'month of year' rather than seasons; its not all about the 'northern hemisphere'; or are most folk not aware of other places on this planet.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 7, 2013 at 12:48:12 am

[Baz Leffler] "As this is an 'international' forum, what is 'Spring'?"

At least your heat wave has passed.

Since Apple was responding to a French reseller I think it was EU Spring. I don't think intended their comments to the reseller to go public/global. I believe it was the French reseller that described Apple's response as "Spring."

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
@Gary Huff
on Feb 8, 2013 at 3:21:33 pm

I have one of those new Apple televisions in the back seat of my autonomous car, which gets 1000 miles to the gallon, running on a slurry of chopped up newspaper and heavy water.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]