FORUMS: list search recent posts

App Store showing updates of the FCPX family apps, but to already installed versions.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Walker
App Store showing updates of the FCPX family apps, but to already installed versions.
on Jan 30, 2013 at 2:35:22 am

I was excited to find new upgrades available for FCPX and friends on the App store this evening, but it's for versions I already have installed. (10.0.7) Anybody else seeing this?

don walker
texarkana, texas

John 3:16

Return to posts index

Helmut Kobler
Re: App Store showing updates of the FCPX family apps, but to already installed versions.
on Jan 30, 2013 at 2:41:28 am

No updates shown for me!

-------------------
Los Angeles Cameraman
Canon C300 (x2), Zeiss CP.2 lenses, P2 Varicam, etc.
http://www.lacameraman.com

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
Re: App Store showing updates of the FCPX family apps, but to already installed versions.
on Jan 30, 2013 at 11:09:48 pm

This happens on some of my computers and not others. I just ignore it once I know it's nothing new.

anickt

Return to posts index

T. Payton
on Jan 31, 2013 at 4:31:14 am

Hey Don - I actually see this quite a bit because I keep copies of older versions on an external drive that also happens to have some FCP events on it. Apparently the Mac App Store will find apps anywhere on your system. Maybe that is the issue.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 31, 2013 at 1:10:12 pm

For me it has to do with boot drives.

If another boot drive has fcpx on it, the AppStore will want to update your current drive with the new updates, even if they aren't on the drive.

For example, I have a production machine with a boot drive that is going to stay with fcs3 and snow leopard.

On the same machine, I have a lion/fcpx boot drive.

My snow leopard AppStore icon has the little red circle update icon on it all the time which are fcpx, motion, and compressor. There's nothing that I seem to be able to do about it except avoid clicking "update all"! ;)

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]