FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bill Davis Multicam Video?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Figgiani
Bill Davis Multicam Video?
on Jan 25, 2013 at 2:24:33 pm

Hi, Bill.

Is a video of your presentation going to be released?

thx.

-paul.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Bill Davis Multicam Video?
on Jan 25, 2013 at 4:02:08 pm

It was taped, as are all LACPUG meetings and they traditionally post the meetings after the fact - but I don't know anything about their production schedule or when it might be available. Sorry.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Paul Figgiani
on Jan 25, 2013 at 4:15:26 pm

Thanks, Bill.

-paul.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 25, 2013 at 7:48:20 pm

FYI, he didn't go into the process much on how it was done (He didn't go, "OK, to multicam you do this and this and this."). He pointed out that it could be done, and the various ways one might do it. But he pointed out the challenges he had with the entire project and how he solved them, and the nifty things he could do like make ISOs for each musician.

He told stories about the challenges he faced, and showed off a few features. I like that better than a tutorial. There are tutorials online.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Paul Figgiani
on Jan 25, 2013 at 8:22:06 pm

Shane,

Thanks. Not looking for a tutorial. I'm interested in his techniques and findings ...

-paul.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Bill Davis Multicam Video - Link to a PDF that breaks down the project I showed.
on Jan 25, 2013 at 11:52:58 pm

Break in production...

I know we're not supposed to do commercial posts here, but since so many people are asking, maybe this is OK. If not, Mods feel free to kill this.

At the LACPUG eventI I showed a screen cap of about 20 pages out of a modest 50 page iBook I've been working on about the project I presented in LA that details some of the stuff people are asking me about here.

It's in final copy edit and with graphic designer friend for review right now, and could conceivably be in the iBookstore (if they approve it!) in a couple of weeks - but if anyone wants a link to the material right now, I have it up on a quick temporary site I've opened: http://www.modernmulticam.com.

Just pay the whopping $4:99 (it's iBookstore price IF it's approved) via PayPal and send me your name and email contact and I'll send you a YouSendIt link and key to download a passworded PDF copy of the 50 pages.

It's got a lot of pictures from on set and screen caps from my event browser, storyline(s) and a pretty full description of what I did working with 14 cameras in X.

Again, please, this is NOT a "how to operate FCP-X" tutorial. It's the story of one project and what I learned doing it.

Sorry if this was a bit of a commercial post and I hope I'm not violating forum guidelines - but I'm getting a lot of people asking questions about the presentation and project and this is at least one good way for people interested in the topic to learn more.

BTW, I'm an idiot about web development, and have NO experience in shopping cart stuff, so don't expect professionalism here. I'm learning. If anyone out there knows a great web developer who wants to partner with me on something better - have them call me. I'm SO out of my comfort zone with this stuff.

Thanks.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Michael Horton
Re: Bill Davis Multicam Video - Link to a PDF that breaks down the project I showed.
on Jan 26, 2013 at 10:06:09 am

We will post it but not until after the SuperMeet in San Francisco. Its quite good and you really need to see it. Bill is one of the best presenters you will ever see. Makes it all look so simple.

Michael Horton
lafcpug
http://www.lafcpug.org

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]