FORUMS: list search recent posts

Boris Continuum Complete for FCPX/Motion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Seeman
on Jan 8, 2013 at 9:48:36 pm

Another major plugin developer adds support for FCPX. Consider that they announced they'd be supporting it when FCPX first was released in June 2011, this is interesting. The long time probably has a lot to do with problems with FCPX's own plugin support architecture improving over time.

http://www.borisfx.com/Apple/bccfxplug/

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
Re: Boris Continuum Complete for FCPX/Motion
on Jan 9, 2013 at 3:00:26 am

That's some good news. Good for Boris!

Return to posts index

Gerry Fraiberg
on Jan 9, 2013 at 3:48:09 pm

Limited Time: Get Boris Continuum Complete FxPlug for $595 - regularly $995!

Yikes. Even at $595, it's twice the price of FCP X.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jan 9, 2013 at 4:26:36 pm

Apparently no discount on upgrade which is still $295.

BCC does have some unique plugins though. Motion Tracking built in is nice. The Time based effects are unique I think, if you have a need for that. The only other 3D text and EPS extrusions I know of is from NewBlue as part of Titler Pro which is $300. Alas Zaxwerks isn't supporting FCPX.

A lot of the other filters in BCC seem to exist elsewhere. It may depend on the quality of the FX relative to the value.

I'm not sure comparing to the price of FCPX is fair though. If you're a professional who needs the plugins, the value is in the plugins themselves. The "platform" doesn't make the R&D and less valuable and, in some cases, FCPX compatibility may actually be harder.

Return to posts index

Gerry Fraiberg
on Jan 9, 2013 at 5:15:28 pm

[Craig Seeman] "I'm not sure comparing to the price of FCPX is fair though. If you're a professional who needs the plugins, the value is in the plugins themselves. The "platform" doesn't make the R&D and less valuable and, in some cases, FCPX compatibility may actually be harder."

I won't dispute the value of BCC. Perhaps we can say that FCP X is a bargain at $299. The fact that Boris has added support for FCP X is further validation of the editing platform.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jan 9, 2013 at 10:25:06 pm

[Gerry Fraiberg] "The fact that Boris has added support for FCP X is further validation of the editing platform."

I'd agree with that. They did this R&D despite all the issues with the FCPX plugin architecture and apparent believe (hope?) the market will sustain the $995 price (that FCPX has that kind of user base).

It is only $595 for the rest of the month. I think they want to get enough "share" to make R&D for their $295 upgrades worth while. Alas normal upgrade price for those customers who had earlier versions and are moving to FCPX.

Return to posts index

Kirk Pitts
on Jan 10, 2013 at 1:33:09 am

So, I'm wondering and I couldn't find this on the release but if you own the BCC Version 8 for apple final cut 7 do you also get BCC for Final Cut X? Guess I have to send them an email and ask. I don't have X yet but I did get Motion 5.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]