FORUMS: list search recent posts

OT: Another Pro App gets an "X"

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Connor
OT: Another Pro App gets an "X"
on Dec 28, 2012 at 9:18:44 pm

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/12/27/forthcoming-book-references-unann...

Hopefully Q1 2013 will see this and Logic Pro X released.

Steve Connor
'It's just my opinion, with an occasional fact thrown in for good measure"

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: OT: Another Pro App gets an "X"
on Dec 28, 2012 at 11:32:15 pm

Considering how long it's been since Aperture has been updated, this is a good sign.
One could say the same for the long time since Logic Pro has been updated as well.
I think people mistake the long gap with loss of interest from Apple when it would seem it's more to do with major overhaul.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Dec 29, 2012 at 3:37:46 pm

This is a familiar story. Check out this rumor from October 2009, wherein an Amazon book listing under NDA reveals Apple's plans to release Aperture X : Apple preparing Aperture X upgrade to 3.0 [link].

[Craig Seeman] "Considering how long it's been since Aperture has been updated, this is a good sign. One could say the same for the long time since Logic Pro has been updated as well. I think people mistake the long gap with loss of interest from Apple when it would seem it's more to do with major overhaul."

I'm curious -- what do you think the "major overhaul" in Aperture would be?

Unlike FCP and Logic, Aperture was written from the ground up at Apple. It was already a modern application, based on Apple technologies, exploiting the GPU, and the last major version (3.0, released three years ago this February) was 64-bit. The workflow has been metadata-based search-don't-sort since day one. Is a major overhaul necessary already?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 29, 2012 at 8:18:10 pm

I don't have much experience with Aperture but my wife, a photographer, does. She used it for a bit and despises it and she likes iPhoto although it's underpowered. She had hoped Aperture was a step up.

Return to posts index

Brett Sherman
on Dec 30, 2012 at 7:55:23 pm

"I'm curious -- what do you think the "major overhaul" in Aperture would be?"

Right now it's a single computer, local storage, single user app. A "major overhaul" would allow for collaboration, multiple seats and centralized storage. That's something Adobe Lightroom doesn't do either.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Dec 29, 2012 at 2:56:28 pm

"The name "Aperture X" would fall in line with Final Cut Pro X, a major overhaul to Apple's professional video editing software".
Are they joking ?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Dec 31, 2012 at 1:23:10 pm

One area of overhaul, for both Aperture and Logic, would be in the UI. If FCP X is the design look that Apple has currently settled on, then Logic and Aperture might be reskinned to be more consistent with the look of X. They could also be optimization for the newer CPUs and GPUs. Aperture might also see expanded video capabilities or even effects tie-in with Motion.

Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]