Re: OT, new YT app launched today
on Dec 17, 2012 at 10:25:00 pm

The world has attained FCPX Nirvana.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Dec 18, 2012 at 6:29:46 pm

[Craig Seeman] "The world has attained FCPX Nirvana."

It's the perfect app for editing Ow! My Balls!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 18, 2012 at 8:51:42 pm

That's certainly the target market for the YouTube app. It might be a prime mover for Tosh.0

Return to posts index

Greg Andonian
on Dec 19, 2012 at 8:28:21 am

Ok, so, let me get this straight... There's a new app out called YOUTUBE capture that's designed for enhancing videos before you upload them to YOUTUBE, which is owned by GOOGLE, and said app is available for the iPhone and iPad, but NOT ANDROID???

I want to re-iterate, YOUTUBE is owned by GOOGLE...

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 19, 2012 at 6:09:25 pm

[Greg Andonian] "Ok, so, let me get this straight... There's a new app out called YOUTUBE capture that's designed for enhancing videos before you upload them to YOUTUBE, which is owned by GOOGLE, and said app is available for the iPhone and iPad, but NOT ANDROID???

I want to re-iterate, YOUTUBE is owned by GOOGLE..."

This very discussion is going on in other circles as well. For those who follow the business side of things, this approach actually makes sense.

While I don't own an Android phone (iPhone owner of course) I believe Android has had such capability built into the apps installed with the OS.

Keep in mind Google is not a big seller of Android phones nor do they sell the Android OS. They do sell advertising. Those who follow mobile analytics frequently see that iOS generates more internet use than Android despite the OS market share dominance of Android. iOS users also tend to pay for things. Basically iOS is likely a much bigger advertising target than Android OS.

One might note that since Apple nixed Google Maps for their own app, the new Google Maps for iOS is now full featured, matching such things as Turn By Turn that Android had built in, that Apple's Google Map did not.

It would seem that when Google can independently develop iOS apps, they tend to be more motivated, likely because they have better advertising revenue opportunities on the back end.

I'd also mention, relevant to NLE makers, that market share may not be the primary determination of revenue or profit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]