on Dec 6, 2012 at 6:50:15 pm

[Steve Connor] "Just bug fixes though"

Not to be undermined!

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Mathieu Ghekiere
Re: FCPX 10.07 available
on Dec 6, 2012 at 6:51:26 pm

Wow, that's fast after the 10.0.6 update.

Anyone care to share their experience? Someone that sees if an update to their Events and Projects all come over well?

Kind regards,

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Dec 6, 2012 at 6:59:53 pm

No project and event updates required

Steve Connor
'It's just my opinion, with an occasional fact thrown in for good measure"

Return to posts index

James Cude
on Dec 6, 2012 at 7:04:54 pm

Always a good idea to back up 10.0.6 before updating, just in case... Here's how:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5550

Return to posts index

Rick Lang
on Dec 6, 2012 at 8:14:35 pm

Maybe a quick update of housekeeping fixes to improve reliability before the next update with feature improvements, FCPX 10.1.0? And I wonder if that will be free or reset the clock and cost everyone $299?

Rick Lang

iMac 27” 2.8GHz i7 16GB

Return to posts index

Marcus Moore
on Dec 6, 2012 at 8:42:22 pm

We're actually not too far off from the release schedule from last year. 10.0.2 came out in mid-November, with bug fixes and stability improvements. So there isn't anything decidedly "new" going on here.

One notable difference is that 10.0.2 came with the preview list of features coming in 10.0.3; and a quick check of Apple's FCPX site reveals no sneak peak this time....

So I think we are headed for 10.1, but not necessarily next. Perhaps it's an overly simplistic view of FCPX's development cycle, but two more updates (1 feature and 1 bug fix) on their current schedule would take us pretty much right up to NAB in April. Could we be in for a 10.1 preview at the NAB Supermeet with a 2-year anniversary release in June? I hope so since I'll be there!

As to paid upgrade, I've said all along that when Apple moves from reintegrating legacy features to enhanced or all new functionality; like auto-transcription, multi-user functionality, deeper mixing tools, etc.... (stuff that was never in FCP7) will be when they charge for an update. I think one more solid feature update and they will have taken care of all the "low hanging fruit" in terms of functional reintegration.

But it's binary choice for pricing, since the macAppStore has no capacity for upgrade pricing. Either it will be free, or it will be $299.

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Dec 26, 2012 at 11:26:41 pm

I have been seeing this statement "app store has no capacity for upgrade pricing" for a while now. As if it is the app store's fault. Apparently the app store is crippled and can't be fixed. Certainly this is not a business decision by Apple. No, of course not.

Tim

Return to posts index

Paul Dickin
on Dec 6, 2012 at 8:51:59 pm

HI
Quote:
Final Cut Pro X version 10.0.7
This update improves overall stability, performance, and compatibility. Updates include:

The Letterbox effect "Offset" slider is restored.
Fixes an issue that could occur when creating a single layer DVD.
Fixes an issue in which some third-party effects could cause Final Cut Pro to stop responding during background rendering.
Fixes an issue in which some third-party transitions would incorrectly use black instead of source media.
Adds support for editing MXF files that are still ingesting.
Fixes an issue with rendering Motion Templates containing Image Units.
Fixes an issue with the display of the Modify RED RAW settings button in synchronized and compound clips.
Fixes an issue with the upload of clips that are larger than 1 GB to Vimeo.
Fixes an issue in which an incorrect frame size is used with filters on two adjacent clips with different pixel aspect ratio.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4589??

Return to posts index

Chuck Pelini
on Dec 6, 2012 at 8:58:47 pm

Timelines with CoreMelt effects will some CoreMelt effects will get a "V twin fx plugin" crash. Beware.

Return to posts index

James Cude
on Dec 6, 2012 at 10:23:55 pm

[Chuck Pelini] "Timelines with CoreMelt effects will some CoreMelt effects will get a "V twin fx plugin" crash. Beware."

That's new in 10.0.7? Which effects?

Return to posts index

Chuck Pelini
on Dec 6, 2012 at 10:38:33 pm

For me, anytime I add any coremelt transition, I get an instant crash. I uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. I cannot even preview a transition without instant crash. CoreMelt effects seem to work fine though. They also preview fine.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Dec 6, 2012 at 11:55:43 pm

[Chuck Pelini] "For me, anytime I add any coremelt transition, I get an instant crash. I uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. I cannot even preview a transition without instant crash. CoreMelt effects seem to work fine though. They also preview fine"

Me too... good thing I wasn't using the transitions! :-) all the effects seem OK as you noted...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~

Return to posts index

James Cude
on Dec 7, 2012 at 12:34:15 am

Same here- good/bad find! :)

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Dec 7, 2012 at 12:41:18 am

[James Cude] "Same here- good/bad find! :)"

FWIW, I went through everything I have... SliceX, gadget, luminous, pigment and shatter effects all work fine. The SliceX adjust title plugins work fine. The C2 Free Templates transitions all work fine...

...But the 3 Delta V Motion transitions and the 4 Trx Filmic transitions immediately crash FCP X every time.

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~

Return to posts index

Chuck Pelini
on Dec 7, 2012 at 3:21:00 am

Good, I'm glad I am not the only one! I have been very lucky with updates.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]