FORUMS: list search recent posts

Awesome new feature in Digital Rebellion's QT Edit for Arri Alexa (and other) users

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Garchow
Awesome new feature in Digital Rebellion's QT Edit for Arri Alexa (and other) users
on Dec 6, 2012 at 4:15:16 pm

You can now copy the "Arri Reel" to the "FCPX Reel" field if it is present.

This is done in the "Quicktask" menu and by my testing it appears the task must be performed before you import the material to FCPX. Yes, this can be done in a batch.

There's also a ton of new metadata options to add to QT files as well, for Red, Arri, Quicktime, FCPX, Final Cut Studio.

qt_edit.png

Jeremy

Return to posts index

John Heagy
Re: Awesome new feature in Digital Rebellion's QT Edit for Arri Alexa (and other) users
on Dec 6, 2012 at 5:10:06 pm

There's a FCPX Reel? So once the app copies the Arri Reel to the FCPX reel in the .mov, FCPX reads this on import and populates the standard "Reel" field in FCPX?

This means there is an extended QT metadata Key that FCPX maps to the standard Reel field. Certainly news to me.

John

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Awesome new feature in Digital Rebellion's QT Edit for Arri Alexa (and other) users
on Dec 6, 2012 at 5:11:57 pm

[John Heagy] "There's a FCPX Reel? So once the app copies the Arri Reel to the FCPX reel in the .mov, FCPX reads this on import and populates the standard "Reel" field in FCPX?"

Yessir.

[John Heagy] "This means there is an extended QT metadata Key that FCPX maps to the standard Reel field. Certainly news to me."

It would appear so.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 6, 2012 at 5:18:03 pm

By the way, this was released in v1.1.8 earlier this week.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

John Heagy
on Dec 6, 2012 at 10:08:05 pm

The Key is com.apple.proapps.reel

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Dec 7, 2012 at 4:32:25 pm

Is this available without buying the while suite? I really only have a use for QT Edit.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 7, 2012 at 5:02:45 pm

[John Pale] "Is this available without buying the while suite? I really only have a use for QT Edit."

You'd have to ask the Digital Rebellion folks, but I think it's only available as a package deal.
Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jon Chappell
on Dec 7, 2012 at 5:03:14 pm

That's correct.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metdata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]