FORUMS: list search recent posts

Boycott

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugene Lehnert
Boycott
on Jun 23, 2011 at 3:04:34 pm

I wish we could boycott Apple. Smoke is written for Linux. DaVinci is written for Linux. Too bad the Adobe products are not on Linux. Lightworks is coming out for Linux.

Who has a Droid?

http://www.droiddoes.com/#/charge

Return to posts index

Jamie Franklin
Re: Boycott
on Jun 23, 2011 at 4:00:27 pm

We just need to bounce to another platform. I've been patient enough the last 4 years for a solid improvement, this wasn't it. Oh well...we are very fortunate to have alternatives for those of us on macs...

We should boycott responding to the Apple apologists here though. They have really no proof to any of their spin. "XML is coming"...ya, ok, there are no tracks! They don't exist!

I say boycott waiting, move everything off Final Cut, and export all your films to flash

Return to posts index

Eugene Lehnert
on Jun 23, 2011 at 4:45:25 pm

I'm afraid the operating system on a Mac Pro or Laptop is going to become this iPad like interface. Then everything will exist in the "cloud" and we will be back to this mainframe like super system. We will have no control over the devices we buy. Everything will then become subscription based and we will be paying for these services like a cable bill and be beholden to these people for basic services the way we are beholden to the electric or phone company.

But someone else will figure out a better way. And Apple will not longer be what we grew up with.

I do like the idea of a Minority Report touchscreen like editing interface though. That could be cool.

Return to posts index

J Hussar
on Jun 23, 2011 at 4:46:59 pm

I know, the apologists keep saying - wait a few years...

WTF?

You guys saying wait a few years or months haven't a shred of proof that this situation will change - nada. You just 'hope.' Hoping is nonsense for any adult.

Apple has shown they don't give a damn.

The app will open the 'toy editor' iMovie files, but not professional FCP files? You've got to be kidding. No tape or timecode options? What? Broadcast will be using tape and timecode for a while. So in the 'future' we can't deliver to the networks. You know, a place that pays pros.

But I can upload to YouTube - a place that doesn't pay... Thanks Apple!

Return to posts index

Adam Claude Jones
on Jun 23, 2011 at 9:49:26 pm

The main problem with getting off the apple platform is a color grading tool. Now that Color is no more the only other affordable tool is Resolve and that will only run on a Mac. The Linux version is much more expensive. If not for that I wouldn't need a Mac at all. Premiere or MC run on PC. Maybe apple knows that and thought, hey we no longer need a pro app to sell macs. Resolve will do that for us.

Return to posts index

Eugene Lehnert
on Jun 24, 2011 at 2:25:19 pm

Yeah Resolve on Linux is super expensive but the question is why? Why can't they make it as affordable as the Mac version?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]