FORUMS: list search recent posts

FINAL CUT "pro" RIP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cosmin Nistor
FINAL CUT "pro" RIP
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:17:32 pm

Hello everyone !
This is my fisrt post to ccow. I'd like you to excuse my level of english.

From my point of view, after 12 years in integration and editing, with the new FCP X we're all looking at another marketing movement.

Final Cut Suite gave me 3 years ago the most beautiful experience in post. Imagine that there are a lot of countries with economical systems that don't support a proper payment for our line of working so...
March 2008, I started my first little post-production studio and I needed to acomplish a big task:
100 minutes of comedy TV series / week. With FCP Suite I was able to do it with 3 MacPros and 2 talented persons; I mean, the sources were XDCAM EX and delivery was PAL so, we did everything easily, aquire, multi-format preview, edit, sound design, grading and delivery. It was a lot of work but it was posible due to the integration of FCS applications.

Now... I think I'll switch to Avid, Pro tools and DaVinci. I need to reconfigure my workflow because I was waiting for updates for Color and Soundtrack Pro and it's all gone.

Kind Regards

Cosmin Nistor
Systems and Workflow Integrator
Editor, Cameraman

Return to posts index

MIke Guidotti
Re: FINAL CUT "pro" RIP
on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:36:33 pm

Pro Tools has always been easier to use than Soundtrack Pro IMHO (I do a lot of audio). The only difference is Pro Tools is more $$ - you have to buy plug-ins whereas a lot of stuff is built in to soundtrack but harder to use. I guess you get what you pay for!
I always had better luck going from FCP 7 to Pro Tools and back than FCP to soundtrack and back... go figure...

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
Re: FINAL CUT "pro" RIP
on Jun 23, 2011 at 2:01:09 pm

Same feeling here.
Where are you bases, if I might ask?

Greetings,

Sascha

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]