FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tight turnaround with FCPX / avid / PPro?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor Asquerthian
Tight turnaround with FCPX / avid / PPro?
on Nov 24, 2012 at 9:47:20 am

It's a lively and learned discussion on here so I'd appreciate how anyone else might approach the following scenario.

-----

live music show starts at 8.45pm for international broadcast - continuous 2 hr+ show

domestic tx delayed start at 9pm with it's own open and 6 x 4'45" breaks to be inserted (with in and out bumpers). Part break timings may change during tx.

Some internal edits to be made for timing / legal as necessary - quite possibly during the tx of the part itself. Live international with credits could finish between 1040 and 11pm, domestic tx off-air must be 1110-1118 pm, so may have to lose time in final parts to land the plane.

1080i HD 5.1 discrete audio

---------

With avid or fcp7 I could edit from airspeed or EVS streams and send back completed parts for playback, or even parts in chunks to be assembled by EVS op. but not with just 15 min turnaround. 25minute would be minimum with any safety, and would prob need 3 avids for 7 parts to stand a chance of making air.

Can it be done with one editor only? Well it did in rehearsal last night, so I'm hoping it works for tx tonight.

What are we using? I'll let you know if it works...

Return to posts index

Dennis Radeke
Re: Tight turnaround with FCPX / avid / PPro?
on Nov 24, 2012 at 1:04:45 pm

That is a very tight turnaround - good luck.

All I can speak to is Premiere Pro (duh.) Premiere Pro can accept growing files to allow you to edit while ingesting. We do have a workflow with EVS but I don't know about Airspeeds - it would depend on what the play out codec is.

Expanded growing file support and this kind of tight turnaround is a focus for Premiere Pro.

Dennis - Adobe guy

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Nov 25, 2012 at 1:17:09 am

Dennis, presumably your EVS workflow is like the fcp7 one of accessing growing qt ref files?

We did it on the EVS ipedit actually... And it was comfortable. First time ive used their edit while playback feature and I was impressed.

Be good to see how adobes plans work out in this area, there's a lot of fcp7s on sports remotes.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 25, 2012 at 12:35:06 am

[Trevor Asquerthian] "What are we using? I'll let you know if it works..."

please say windows movie maker, please say windows movie maker, please say windows movie maker...

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Nov 25, 2012 at 1:06:06 am

Oh no, you guessed!

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Nov 26, 2012 at 5:20:42 am

Wow! Break a leg!

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Nov 29, 2012 at 2:35:12 pm

Both legs, fortunately, intact.

Brown trousers were sensible attire ;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]