FORUMS: list search recent posts

Look on the bright side...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Crowe
Look on the bright side...
on Jun 23, 2011 at 11:24:24 am

Media100 suite remains an awesome pro edit option.

Cheers
Paul

Return to posts index

MIke Guidotti
Re: Look on the bright side...
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:11:02 pm

Avid and Adobe too.

There are also still some Sony, BTS, and Lynx EE edit controllers out there. And of course there are still the trusty old Steenbeck flatbeds and Movieola uprights.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jun 23, 2011 at 2:41:27 pm

OMG you're right. They were so close back in the day. Had the hardware. The right price. Ease of use. But wow did they ever drop the ball. But not with a thud. They kinda just slowly set it down and let it roll away.

Return to posts index

Peter DeArmond
on Jun 23, 2011 at 3:10:45 pm

It's true, sad to say, that under the previous ownership Media 100 nearly died. But I must say that since Boris Yamnitsky bought the company, tremendous improvements have been made. Media 100 is a legitimate, reliable workhorse that is absolutely a joy to use.

Return to posts index

J Hussar
on Jun 23, 2011 at 4:32:53 pm

I've already been over to their forum. I actually have some very old projects in it as it was what I used before FCP.

Apparently it is completely hardware agnostic and can use the AJA boards for output seamlessly. I am just wondering if it is 64bit. One benefit is that it is Boris, and therefore uses the Boris titling software and effects. I'm not sure of much else, but FCPX is crap and I will look very carefully at them as an option.

Certainly they haven't decided to dumb it down or force some ridiculous 'new' paradigm (which is great for YouTube skater videos).

Return to posts index

Paul Crowe
on Jun 24, 2011 at 1:28:28 am

Yes Bret you're right they did drop the ball back then. But they have come along way. I think their biggest problem nowdays is they dont have the marketing exposure of the bigger names in the biz. But for my money M100 is by far the most reliable editor on the market.

They run a free 14 day trial. I think you'll be impressed.

Cheers
Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]