FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import fra camera/SDcards issues, cant import

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten Schmidt
Import fra camera/SDcards issues, cant import
on Nov 9, 2012 at 1:41:49 pm

on my Macpro I can not import far camera or SDcard
when I launch the import menu, the cards icons shows under Cameras, but the weel keeps spinning and never mounts
I tried on my MacBookPro, and it got no problems on the same cards
rebooted, changed cabels, reader, cards
I have trashed my FCPX prefs, but still the same
anyone?

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
Re: Import fra camera/SDcards issues, cant import
on Nov 9, 2012 at 2:01:33 pm

Try copying the entire card into a new folder then point to it from the import screen in FCPX.

It sounds like a problem with the reader.

Let us know if this works.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Morten Schmidt
on Nov 9, 2012 at 7:21:48 pm

did a disk image, same thing
but think I found the problem
I got a 3TB drive installed, possessing some files who disturbs the import menu…
If I unmount this hard drive everything is cool and works like it should

one strange thing is, I got all in all 7 volumes, my system drive (which is SSD), an older system drive, the 3TB backup/stuff drive and 4 media drives video storage

In FCPX, I can see the 4 media drives and the system drive, not the 3TB and the old system

in the import menu, 3Tb figures as a Camera in the first row, next row is Devices and here I see the 4 media drives, the system drive and the old system drive

so if I open the import menu with 3TB mounted, the SDcard shows under Cameras together with 3TB, but the SDcard keeps trying to load bot never do
if I eject the SDcard and wait some time, it mounts 3TB one more time, but with another icon, a XDcam disk icon, and here it stops (see attached file)

so somewhere on this drive there is a file who makes FCPX think that it got a XDCam disk on it

I am now trying to trace the file, but its a messy disk, lot and lots of files, anyone got a way to do this?
thanks

Return to posts index

Morten Schmidt
on Nov 11, 2012 at 7:34:07 pm

solved with Disk Warrior ;)

Return to posts index

Dave Gage
on Nov 11, 2012 at 11:34:14 pm

[Morten Schmidt] "solved with Disk Warrior ;)"

I've had similar experiences twice since FCP X came out. My external RAID enclosure got hosed big time and Disk Warrior saved my butt. I initially blamed the OWC enclosure and then FCP X (as the RAID is only plugged in and then used for FCP X), but I had a discussion with Jeremy about this in the Techniques forum and he thinks it is more likely hardware related.

I am using an OWC eSATA expresscard in my i7 MBP and according to the Alsoft senior engineers, they don't consider eSATA plug-and-play as do Apple and OWC. I don't really know any thing for sure, but since I've been re-booting before plugging in the RAID and then re-booting when done editing, I have not had any hard kernel panic crashes (which would randomly show up within 24 hours of disconnecting the eSATA RAID) and the drive directory structure is orderly.

Time will tell, but since buying Disk Warrior and re-booting when done, I've not had any problems.

Dave

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]