FORUMS: list search recent posts

duplicate or move events and projects?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Colin O'Halloran
duplicate or move events and projects?
on Nov 1, 2012 at 4:18:09 am

I recently got a larger external drive because my old one is filling up so i wanted to move my projects and events to the new drive.
first i just used software to clone the drive but all the links came up as broken in the project timeline.
then i tried to move the projects selecting the new drive and the option to move projects and referenced events but that didnt work properly either. i just ended up with more missing files in the project time line.
then i tried to duplicate the projects to the new drive and i had the same problem again.
now it seems that the events and project files have all copied half and half so if i dont have both drives plugged in none of them work. its like the media is on one drive and the project is on the other but no mater what i do i cant seem to get everything onto just one drive and its driving me mad.
ive even tried just click and drag with the event and project folders but i end up having to relink everything and fcpx not being able to find all the files and then making extra copies of others resulting in space being taken up.

any solutions to this?
thanks in advance to any responses

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]