FORUMS: list search recent posts

I hope all the creative cows on the east coast of the US are safe and sound this morning

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
craig slattery
I hope all the creative cows on the east coast of the US are safe and sound this morning
on Oct 30, 2012 at 9:51:40 pm

Best wishes from the UK

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: I hope all the creative cows on the east coast of the US are safe and sound this morning
on Oct 30, 2012 at 10:08:46 pm

And out here in AZ.

Stay strong east coast.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: I hope all the creative cows on the east coast of the US are safe and sound this morning
on Oct 30, 2012 at 10:17:49 pm

I'm about 4 blocks from Zone B (and three from Zone C) flood zones. Got a call from the power company saying they might have to shut power as a precaution just before the storm. Power remained on and nice and dry. The rest of NYC is a mess though. I saw more local damage two years ago when the tornado came down my block but that was local/narrow path. I'd hate to think what would happen if a CAT 3 hit.

Return to posts index

Kannan Raghavan
on Oct 31, 2012 at 1:27:17 am

Best wishes to east coast peeps from Singapore.

Kannan Raghavan
The Big Toad Films Pte. Ltd.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Oct 31, 2012 at 2:25:15 am

I live in zone A, right on the East River. We evacuated. This is a pic taken by someone who stayed. This is the boardwalk and playground where my daughter goes to daily.

The waters have receded and we are back home already. My building was miraculously undamaged. Nobody was injured.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 31, 2012 at 3:10:20 am

Wow.

Glad everyone's OK.

Return to posts index

Lyle Anderson
on Oct 31, 2012 at 12:12:30 pm

Power is out to about 2 million + people in the area. You probably won't here from a lot of us for a few days. Looks like 7 to 10 days before power is restored. We're lucky here north of NYC. New Jersey really is a mess. Very sad.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 31, 2012 at 6:52:35 pm

[Lyle Anderson] "Power is out to about 2 million + people in the area. You probably won't here from a lot of us for a few days. Looks like 7 to 10 days before power is restored. We're lucky here north of NYC. New Jersey really is a mess. Very sad."

Yes. I am very lucky to have power now up in the suburbs, but many of my friends and family in the city and in New Jersey are not so lucky.

The devastation is hard to believe. The sheer power of nature is both awesome and terrific, in the original senses of the words.

My thoughts go out to everyone affected.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Nov 1, 2012 at 8:32:25 pm

I grew up on the tip of coney island, a small gated community called Seagate, and it's a total wreck. I know longer have family there but it's tough to see it look like this:

http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stories/171605/sea-gate-residents-deal-with-...

My wife's family is from Atlantic City and they still have a house out there that is underwater now.

Trees are down all over my town in Westchester, north of the city. My home and office have no power, but fortunately no home damage. My wife works as a nurse in the city and has been working through the storm and staying at her place in the lower east side because there's no practical way to commute with the rail lines out. No power, no heat, street or traffic lights, no subway service - walking around at nite is like walking into a post-apocalyptic movie set.

We are the lucky ones, in a few weeks it will just be a good story to tell. There was a story just this morning about them finding two boys, aged 2 and 4, who's bodies just turned up. They were washed away from their mother during the storm.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]