FORUMS: list search recent posts

Larry Jordan comments

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob Goodnight
Larry Jordan comments
on Jun 23, 2011 at 3:40:41 am

Any thoughts on this? And are people really installing X beside FCP 7 on same system? Any issues with that?

http://www.larryjordan.biz/app_bin/wordpress/archives/1505

Return to posts index

Gustavo Bermudas
Re: Larry Jordan comments
on Jun 23, 2011 at 4:09:20 am

I think he should start offering Avid training now, it's going to be in high demand

Return to posts index

Keith Bress
on Jun 23, 2011 at 4:11:33 am

seems pretty sensible to me. Apple's modus operandi when they completely rewrite or introduce new software is to come out with something pretty but bare bones and polish it over the next year or so. I'm sure FCPX will become a replacement for FCP7 in time, I just don't know why they discontinued 7...

Return to posts index

Rob Fourchalk
on Jun 23, 2011 at 4:57:16 am

I was all set to go with the partitioned drives (as per David's eloquent set-up) but after seeing Larry Jordan's thread yesterday on this forum, I opted to go with the installation on same system (as he stated that there has been absolutely no problems).

After firing it up after installation, I couldn't open parts of Final Cut Suite 3 (like compressor and dvd studio). I then found this link http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4722 and made some tweaks.

I've been running it for the past 24 hrs and have had no issues.

Couldn't hurt to put it on a different drive though or partition - who knows down the road.

Rob

Return to posts index

Brian Nichols
on Jun 23, 2011 at 6:29:40 am

I downloaded FCPX on my system thinking I was getting a DMG file to install from. I freaked when it automatically installed and I thought it overwrote my FCP 7. Thank God it just put it in the Applications folder. I have both on my system and they both still open and work without issue, well FCP 7 works without issue. FCPX has issues, period!

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Jun 23, 2011 at 7:47:44 am

The guy would be singing a different tune if he actually had deadlines and clients who's work needs to be finished on a piece of software which is suddenly no longer supported or sold.

What Apple should have done is offer the app under a beta program where we all could offer ways for improvement while still offering Studio.

If they just did this everything would be fine.

Its all a little unnerving....not critical though

Return to posts index

Andrew Corneles
on Jun 23, 2011 at 10:04:09 am

[eric pautsch] " The guy would be singing a different tune if he actually had deadlines and clients who's work needs to be finished on a piece of software which is suddenly no longer supported or sold."

Agreed wholeheartedly. (And I'd like to add is still 32 bit)

He and several others that are quoted regularly
on here are with all due respect, out of touch.

I'm not going to trust any of the "professional" apple shills, sorry.

I look at it like this; There's a reason you won't find DEA agents
arguing that the war on drugs is BS, cause that's how they keep
their families fed. Same thing with a lot of these trainers...

How can they badmouth the product that they write training for?

Return to posts index

James Mortner
on Jun 23, 2011 at 3:47:40 pm

Agreed, the "features" were incredibly vague where the faults are quite specific

Return to posts index

stephen knifton
on Jun 24, 2011 at 12:44:40 pm

Andrew .... you nailed it. He's an apologist, a shill .... full of Apple flavored Kool-Aid. FCP-ex was under tight wraps up to release, but Larry seem to have had regular conversations with the development team.

Sorry .... it's like asking Bono to write a review of Spider-Man.

Return to posts index

Mark Robertson
on Jun 28, 2011 at 10:49:42 pm

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Jun 24, 2011 at 5:57:29 pm

[Jacob Goodnight] "Any thoughts on this? And are people really installing X beside FCP 7 on same system? Any issues with that?"

My thought is this is from someone with a financial relationship with apple. Not exactly unbiased.

Scott Sheriff
Director
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

I have a system, it has stuff in it, and stuff hooked to it. I have a camera, it can record stuff. I read the manuals, and know how to use this stuff and lots of other stuff too.
You should be suitably impressed...

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." ---Red Adair

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]