FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
russ andris
Final Cut Pro X
on Apr 14, 2011 at 6:49:51 pm

Just like to get some feedback about Final Cut Pro X.

To those who were NAB event. Did it not look like iMovie interface?

Also, can one keep creative control over the interface instead of auto control of the software? Will it allow key framing of still images? Will it allow 3 part apps, like Noise Indutries Fx Factory? And other 3rd-party software? There are just too many questions about this up-grade. Will it allow to burn to blu-ray? (We know Steve Jobs feelings on blu-ray).

Need to know if this is still Final Cut Pro or just a major up-grade of iMovie since both are written by the same folks.

Return to posts index

Phil Balsdon
Re: Final Cut Pro X
on Apr 14, 2011 at 10:14:03 pm

More to point can FCP 7 do that?

Cinematographer, Steadicam Operator, Final Cut Pro Post Production.
http://philming.com.au
http://www.steadi-onfilms.com.au/

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Apr 14, 2011 at 8:04:50 pm

No the windows that the intercase has are still vary much Fal Cut Pro. The color sceem of the interface is similar to iMovie. But I would hardly call it an iMovie like interface.

As for all of your other questions, nobody really knows at this point.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
on Apr 14, 2011 at 8:25:42 pm

some genuinely sensible people here have made the point that we're all drawing massive conclusions from a very limited sneak peek running in a single monitor setup - I know I'm personally guilty of going full bore headless chicken - I keep running around in circles making squeaking noises and waving my hands around.

on some levels I find the software wildly interesting, I'm no more than a half assed self taught editor and I'm personally nearly desperate to try it out - the range tagging and meta data stuff seems utterly seductive, the thought that's gone into handling b-roll paintover and auditioning of clips is savage - ultimately the stuff I'm most worried about is stuff I haven't seen yet and don't know about - I'm going to mentally put this to bed I think - if apple are kind they'll maybe put work case scenarios up in a few weeks or something. If nothing else it's seriously absorbing software.

http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Apr 14, 2011 at 10:40:57 pm

Multiple threads below with more opinions and thoughts than you'll know what to do with.....

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Adam Claude Jones
on Apr 15, 2011 at 10:00:13 am

Watch the videos of the Supermeet. It explains a lot. Even stuff that some have said wasn't mentioned is there. Just watch it.

Return to posts index

Steve Douglas
on Apr 16, 2011 at 5:24:05 pm

No one that I ever heard was asking for a new GUI. All I wanted was for FC to be 64bit and to be able to access all my cores and ram but nooooooo, they have to give iMovie a shot of that stuff Barry Bonds was allegedly taking and call it a Pro. What of the rest of the suite?

Steve Douglas

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]