FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro X: Best practices for updating

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Patrick
Final Cut Pro X: Best practices for updating
on Oct 24, 2012 at 12:40:50 am

Perhaps I'm the last one to come across this article, but for anyone who has not seen it, I thought it might be worth while info. Especially given the fact that they just released a new version. Although it appears that this particular article was just published today.

You'd think this info would some how be available to anyone who is upgrading. Which now only takes one click in the App Store app. I finally stumbled across it reading about the release on FCP.co.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5550?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Return to posts index

Andre Grove
Re: Final Cut Pro X: Best practices for updating
on Oct 24, 2012 at 12:59:51 pm

Wish I read this first. The new update is not reading my project files even after I have updated them and the app store keeps updating the fcpx app motion and compressor

Return to posts index

Kevin Patrick
on Oct 24, 2012 at 1:08:21 pm

[Andre Grove] "Wish I read this first."

I'm not sure how you could, since Apple didn't point it out to you when you upgraded using their App Store app.

I've never seen this suggestion to backup your existing version of the (or any other) app.

The way I read this, you should backup up your Projects (and Events) and backup the current version of FCPX. I guess because if you have an issue with the new version working with your projects ... you're supposed to re-install the old version?

Unless I missed something in the article, I'm not sure what to do if you want to actually need to use your older version of FCPX. Drag the new version to the trash and drag the old version to the Applications folder?

Return to posts index

Dave Gage
on Oct 24, 2012 at 7:44:50 pm

[Kevin Patrick] "Unless I missed something in the article, I'm not sure what to do if you want to actually need to use your older version of FCPX. Drag the new version to the trash and drag the old version to the Applications folder?"

I wondered the same thing. I've kept all the versions going back to 10.0.0. But without the pre-upgraded projects and events, they are likely worthless (unless you are only starting with new events and projects).

Dave

Return to posts index

Andre Grove
on Oct 24, 2012 at 11:25:09 pm

OK been working on this the whole day and night and I have definately lost my project. The event loads but not the project. In the old FCP the event does not load but the project does. All other projects and events updated fine, just the last one I was working on has messed up.

Tomorrow will try and make a new event in the old FCPX and try and link up the files then duplicate the project and try and convert again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]