FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX 10.0.6 is great but check your drivers...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
olof ekbergh
FCPX 10.0.6 is great but check your drivers...
on Oct 23, 2012 at 9:36:40 pm

Matrox MX02 drivers don't work you get a mostly pink screen. I tried it on my MBP Retina.

Matrox replied:

"Hi olof,

We currently do not support Apple FCP X 10.0.6. Please hold off before updating and continue working with certified FCP X 10.0.5 for use with MXO2 3.0.1 drivers.

Please note we currently do not support OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 update: http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=9029

I will try on my BM UltraStudio Express in a while. BM has not replied if drives are compatible yet.

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: FCPX 10.0.6 is great but check your drivers...
on Oct 23, 2012 at 9:51:55 pm

I should have checked! But thankfully BMD Ultrastudio Express didn't even notice. Did I mention it's drivers also power Premiere CS6, AE CS6, FCP 7 PS CS6 and FCP X all at the same time? :)

Return to posts index

olof ekbergh
on Oct 23, 2012 at 10:15:58 pm

Brett, are you running 10.8.2?

Olof Ekbergh

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 24, 2012 at 2:31:19 am

yes. but on imac w/tbolt- so other than the bmd device, it's pretty much all Apple. And adobe. So no worries about sonnet controllers and such. Although I do have an old Mac Pro across the room that I haven't updated to FCP X. It is stuck on Lion as it's a 2006 MacPro 1,1 with Radeon 5770 and basic sonnet tempo card to drive a Graid via esata. We'll see how that goes.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Oct 23, 2012 at 10:18:32 pm

When I found out about this update, I warned folks at REDUSER to be careful if they are using any ATTO cards, Sonnet Echo Express Pro and RED ROCKET.
Apple OS 10.8.2 is basically bunk with the above hardware.
You will also need an update from RED to get FCPX to recognize the R3Ds.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 23, 2012 at 11:26:41 pm

I do hope that this thread is being read by everyone on these forums who has argued with me that PCs are inferior because of driver compatibility issues...

In all seriousness, many thanks to all for sharing this information here! This stuff gets complicated fast, and it's a big help to the community when people like Olof, Bret, and Eric post about their specific experiences.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
on Oct 24, 2012 at 9:02:39 am

Windows and hardware component driver issues have not much to do with the fact that Matrox is slow when updating their drivers.

Matrox has a lot of driver issues on the Mac. Blackmagic and AJA almost never have.

In any case. No matter what platform you work with. If you work with 3th party software or hardware you should always check your stuff before updating anything.

And yes, Windows needs a lot of management. Time and money you win on OSX if you ask me.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Oct 24, 2012 at 12:19:34 pm

Ahem there is quite a difference from updating a $300 piece of software on a Mac than a simple update from MS for Windows.
Heck Iven lost a drive due to some strange link I clicked on...honest it was by accident :)
The Mac will still run, Windows will just drop dead :P
Sorry that's just pent up anger with a few Dells at work.

Return to posts index

Geoff Addis
on Oct 24, 2012 at 3:20:54 pm

MX02 Mini Max running without problems following this update. OSX 10.8.2

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Oct 24, 2012 at 4:19:23 pm

This is why I prefer AJA hardware. Everything works perfectly with 10.0.6 & 10.8.2. I'm a huge fan of Grant (going way back), but every little update seems to cause BMD hardware problems.

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 25, 2012 at 5:15:51 am

not the thunderbolt devices. I've had two and I don't ever hesitate to update os or drivers.

Return to posts index

Wayne Andrews
on Nov 5, 2012 at 9:08:58 pm

Hello,

Drivers are now available for FCP X 10.0.6 and Compressor 4.0.5. These drivers also support the new Retina's

For drivers and more information, please visit;
http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=9307

Regards
W@

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Nov 6, 2012 at 12:57:19 am

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for posting the link to new beta drivers. I was really hoping for CompressHD support though. Are there plans to support the CompressHD Card with Compressor and on Mountain Lion, with the full release version drivers? It seems like its been completely neglected recently.

I still have to partition my system drive just to run Lion and Compressor 4.0.2 with Mini MAX 2.5.0.0034 drivers to support CompressHD on my Mac Pro. This dual booting on my main edit system is really getting old. Since I don't need drivers for Adobe/Avid, CompressHD support is the only thing holding me back.

On the other hand my MBP with MXO2 LE w/MAX is happily a single partition system and I'll be updating to FCP X 10.0.6 and the beta drivers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]