FORUMS: list search recent posts

How To Convert A 1 Camera Edit To A Multicam Edit?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
willy pimentel
How To Convert A 1 Camera Edit To A Multicam Edit?
on Oct 22, 2012 at 11:46:20 pm

Ok, I started editing on the timeline with the footage from camara 1 with has the audio Source thinking that I can add other camera angles later…. I did dome cuts and now realiced that i should have started with a multicam and them edit the VO……. Is there a way I can take the edit on the timeline already cut and convert it to a Multicam clip while mantaing the cuts?

Willy Pimentel
Motion Graphics Editor
Macbook Pro 2011 thunderbolt/ TBolt Displey/ 2 SSD Hds /lacie Tbolt

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: How To Convert A 1 Camera Edit To A Multicam Edit?
on Oct 23, 2012 at 2:26:06 am

If you only have one camera on the timeline, what edits would there be? If you're removing time, which is the only kind of editing I can think of with 1 camera angle, or rearranging time of course, then I can't see any automated way of creating a multicam. And of course if you didn't have any edits there wouldn't be anything to convert either. So pretty much no. About the only thing you can do is make the multicam clip, and put it under the original cuts and match it up. Match up the timecode of the multicam clip with the original clip so you can use clip skimming (toggle cmd+option+s) to skim the individual TCs of the clips in the TL and match your original edit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]