FORUMS: list search recent posts

Graphics Card & FCPX 1.05

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlo Ferraro
Graphics Card & FCPX 1.05
on Oct 22, 2012 at 7:26:00 pm

Since I upgraded to FCPX 1.05 on Lion (and later on Mountain Lion up to 10.8.2) from time to time the FCPX launches an alarm saying that the graphic card is not supported. I've been using the same machine for almost 3 years and before the 1.05 it worked fine. I got an Imac Quad 2,93,1 GB graphics, 8 GB 1333 memory DDR3. The weird think is that on location I use the simplest MacBook Air to convert the footage to AppleProRes and althought slow it works fine.
This issue is driving me nuts. Anytime it happens I have to uninstall FCPX, download it again and install it. Really really after more than 30 years editing my stuff I feel helpless, have tried the most varied things but NO WAY.
Today I came back from a 2 month trip and it did the same, so uninstall and download..... Installed the upgrade 10.8.2 and it did the same, now I am downloading again to install it for the third time. There most be a "switch" somewhere related to the graphics card but I have not been able to locate it.
Thanks in advance
Carlo Ferraro

Imac 27 Quad 2.93, 8GB Ram, 1GB Graphics, FW800 external + Raid

Return to posts index

Phil Hoppes
Re: Graphics Card & FCPX 1.05
on Oct 22, 2012 at 8:59:40 pm

Yea, there is a switch. It's called Adobe Premier Pro or AVID Media Composer.........

Return to posts index

Carlo Ferraro
on Oct 22, 2012 at 9:01:18 pm

Very funny, don't help that much...friend.

Imac 27 Quad 2.93, 8GB Ram, 1GB Graphics, FW800 external + Raid

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 23, 2012 at 3:23:03 am

Well, actually it's called PremierE Pro. :) And the odds of his graphics card being supported are pretty slim.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 22, 2012 at 9:41:12 pm

It sounds like it might be time to reinstall your system from scratch, that is, do a clean install of mountain lion.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

King Law
on Oct 22, 2012 at 10:14:32 pm

system clean install doesnt help either ive done it twice myself its terrible!! :-(

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 22, 2012 at 10:18:06 pm

Hi, King.

Are you saying you have the same problem as Carlo?

Return to posts index

Benjamin Mullins
on Oct 23, 2012 at 4:42:25 am

Hi Carlo,

I have the same message pop up when I first load X, however I just click 'OK' and the software works fine. It's just a warning that as the graphics card is not supported it might not run as smoothly. Does your version do this or does it shut down and not allow you to edit at all?

Ben.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]