FORUMS: list search recent posts

All 500 + reviews removed from App store

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Ashby
All 500 + reviews removed from App store
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:07:27 am

I was reading the reviews today and all of a sudden "Be the first to write a review" came up. Really? Apple can't handle criticism?

Return to posts index

MIke Guidotti
Re: All 500 + reviews removed from App store
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:11:30 am

I think that is all my fault. I sorted the reviews by most favorable to least favorable then I started clicking the "no" button next to the "Was this review helpful question."

Since I rated all the 5 star reviews as not helpful and the 1 star reviews as helpful, Apple in true Apple style took ALL the reviews down!!!

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:24:00 am

Huh? I see 554 ratings right now, not with an especially positive distribution. These accusations of supposed ratings manipulation on Apple's part seem pretty unfounded.

--
Digital Workflow/Colorist, Nice Dissolve.

You should follow me on Twitter here. Or read our blog.

Return to posts index

Andrew Corneles
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:27:29 am

check it for yourself chris instead of just responding to people telling the truth. The REVIEWS are gone. the counter remains.

Return to posts index

Adam McCune
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:28:54 am

Right. The reviews are gone. Do we know why? No. I think that is the handle here.

Return to posts index

MIke Guidotti
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:29:58 am

I would post a screen shot but I might get sued by Apple for some form of intellectual property rights violation.

Just checked again BTW and they are still gone! I am glad FORTUNE magazine quoted the first 5!!!

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/06/22/the-final-cut-pro-x-debacle/

Return to posts index

J Hussar
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:32:00 am

I just checked - Apple yanked the reviews! Wow!

Return to posts index

Steve Mitchell
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:32:40 am

same thing on the canadian app store... counter is there, all reviews are gone, including the one I wrote 2 hours ago

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:38:49 am

Ahh, I do see that. I flipped through some reviews last night and noticed that many highly ranked negative reviews were flat out wrong, and were claiming the app couldn't do things that it can in fact do, apparently because people hadn't bothered to figure out the new UI. I'm guessing the removal might have had something to do with that. Negative reviews are one thing; negative reviews that factually misrepresent the app's capabilities are another.

--

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:37:37 am

I have to admit that I'm getting a perverse thrill from watching this whole release "strategy" blow up in Apple's face. In less than 48 hours this has become a bonafide PR disaster for Apple, and for once they deserve every bit of the negative press they're getting over this. Their deletion of purchaser comments from the Mac App Store just shows their level of desperation as things spin out of control.

In my opinion, releasing what is essentially a beta product while simultaneously pulling a stable, mature, working product off of the shelves was an extremely poor decision on Apple's part.

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:40:45 am

[Alan Okey] "In less than 48 hours this has become a bonafide PR disaster for Apple, and for once they deserve every bit of the negative press they're getting over this. Their deletion of purchaser comments from the Mac App Store just shows their level of desperation as things spin out of control."

Not to put too fine a point on it, but what goes on in this (and similar) Internet forums is just not nearly as important, or as representative of the larger market, as you're making it out to be.

--

Return to posts index

Byrd Mcdonald
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:49:18 am

That anyone can defend apple right now is an amazing bit of evidence that Mac fanboys lack critical thinking skills. Small business owner with shop built on fcp, this makes me question apple to the degree that I can see myself leaving the platform entirely.

Byrd McDonald

Return to posts index

Peter Blumenstock
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:52:09 am

Hate to say this after almost 20 years on the Mac platform but, Byrd, your making a pretty valid statement there.

Return to posts index

Andrew Corneles
on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:11:11 am

Amen to leaving the platform, at this point i'm wondering if they'll stop making mac pro's altogether. this could definitely start the process.

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:56:03 am

[Byrd Mcdonald] "That anyone can defend apple right now is an amazing bit of evidence that Mac fanboys lack critical thinking skills."

So are you claiming the App Store wasn't full of factually inaccurate reviews, or are you claiming it was unreasonable of Apple to object to factually inaccurate reviews?

--

Return to posts index

Peter Blumenstock
on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:00:02 am

Which is why they had to delete all of them, right. In the US, the UK, Canada, Germany etc., because there too all reviews are gone.
Seriously, here we have a company that cannot even accept negative feedback from its customers.

Return to posts index

Chris Kenny
on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:13:33 am

[Peter Blumenstock] "Which is why they had to delete all of them, right. "

They appear to have disabled them (no new ones are showing up), not deleted them, presumably so they didn't have to keep policing them on an ongoing basis.

[Peter Blumenstock] "Seriously, here we have a company that cannot even accept negative feedback from its customers."

There's a big difference between accepting negative feedback, and letting your own store become a vehicle for misinformation about your product.

--

Return to posts index

Peter Blumenstock
on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:21:01 am

Oh, come on. Most of the things I have read there were 100 per cent spot on.

Return to posts index

Chris Conlee
on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:32:29 am

Well let this be a lesson to the almighty Apple that sometimes secrecy isn't the best way forward then. A lot of this could have been prevented had they let somebody know what is and is not in this package before its release, yes? Apple is not without blame when it comes to these crappy reviews.

Chris

Return to posts index

Rocco Forte
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:55:58 am

Gone for me too. CUSTOMER REVIEWS Current Version (0) All Versions (0) but the ratings counter remains with 561 (270 are one star).

Return to posts index

Stefan Buhrmester
on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:02:04 am

They just removed all reviews from the German App Store too.

Our App Store is currently at:
5: 22
4: 7
3: 9
2: 4
1: 48

Return to posts index

Nicolas Duchon
on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:09:27 am

Same in france too, reviews vanished a few hours ago.

5 stars : 18
4 stars : 1
3 stars : 2
2 stars : 5
1 star : 17

Return to posts index

Stefan Buhrmester
on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:14:11 am

Wow the french seem to love the new release! ;)

Haha. Everything is relative.

Return to posts index

T. Payton
on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:23:21 am

For what it is worth, looks like there is just a bug in the Mac App Store. I'm in the US and if you search for the app, you'll see all the review on the first page, but hitting "next" or any subsequent page of reviews appears to cause some kind of error and displays none of the reviews.

I click around on the review page numbers and seemingly randomly they will appear.

Looks like a bug. And a very ironic one at that.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

Nicolas Duchon
on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:29:10 am

+T for the bug, reviews just re surfaced right after I posted. Ok maybe we're all a little bit nervous :D

Return to posts index

Chris Conlee
on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:34:09 am

Guess Apple only planned for good reviews. Probably never tested the database with poor reviews because, well, why would they...?

Chris

Return to posts index

Adam Ashby
They're back. Bug or .........
on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:36:24 am

You right they're back. Could have been a bug or Apple watches this forum. You don't have to smoke pot to believe in conspiracy theories. Ha

Return to posts index

Adam Ashby
Re: They're back. Bug or .........
on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:39:33 am

and now they're gone? Maybe it is a real bug.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 23, 2011 at 2:08:12 am

USA store.
599 ratings.
266 written reviews.
The written reviews, 26 pages, go back to yesterday (release day) June 21.

5 - 149
4 - 51
3 - 48
2 - 61
1 - 290

Return to posts index

T. Payton
on Jun 23, 2011 at 3:56:51 am

Well there is now one more 1 star rating of "I hate it" for FCP X. Mine.

I'm usually not one to poorly rate apps on any of the Apps Stores, I instead try to contact the developer. But this goes well beyond just the lack of features. The thing really doesn't work. I've been trying to edit a 12 minute project for the past hour. FCPX has logged me out 3 times. Ouch! I'm really amazed that the trainers have been able to use the app to create their training. It's very sad. I feel like I just got punched in the stomach as my beloved editing system has now been discarded by it's very maker.

- T.

------
T. Payton
OneCreative, Albuquerque

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]