FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD footage compromised?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Advanced Spectrum
HD footage compromised?
on Aug 30, 2012 at 12:02:48 am

Hello,

When you are editing full HD video and need to add a clip taken from a cell phone to make the video a bit interesting, does FCPX downgrade the settings to match the lower resolution of the cell phone footage or does it keep the HD settings (in my case 1080HD 24fps)?

Thanks
Advanced Spectrum

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: HD footage compromised?
on Aug 30, 2012 at 1:10:29 am

If you start a new Project and the cell phone clip is the first clip in the Project, then there is a chance that the Project will take on the cell phone settings and al subsequent clips will get scaled down in the Project to fit the cell phone settings. This happens only in that particular Project, all footage in the Event and other Projects remain in their original resolution/quality. There's a preference that allows you to setup a custom preset, or for the Project to adapt the settings from the first clip that is used in it.

If you already have a 1080p23.98 Project started and you add a cell phone clip, the clip will get scaled up to match the Project and all other footage will remain untouched.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Advanced Spectrum
on Aug 30, 2012 at 1:36:12 am

Thank you Jeremy for your reply. I had a hunch this was the case but needed to confirm. I began the project with HD footage so hopefully should be fine.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 30, 2012 at 1:37:40 am

The resolution of every Project is listed on the bottom of the timeline.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]