FORUMS: list search recent posts

Imported Images in FCPX look wrong

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Deva Sunya
Imported Images in FCPX look wrong
on Aug 24, 2012 at 4:07:04 am

I just purchased FCPX to work on a new personal project... Am a long time casual user of FCP Studio and thought I would give X a try... This is my first attempt to use FCPX and when I import some photos (either 16 or 8 bit) they look completely wrong. Way too bright and no color. The same images look fine in Motion, Photoshop, Lightroom, Preview, and Final Cut Pro v7...

I am using an iMac with 10.6.8... Does FCP X need a newer OS? The latest Motion is fine so that seems unlikely. Is there some color management menu somewhere I cannot find? Is this a known issue?

Any help appreciated...

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
Re: Imported Images in FCPX look wrong
on Aug 24, 2012 at 7:56:46 am

Check the colorspaces in Photoshop or Preview.

Should be RGB.

Return to posts index

Deva Sunya
on Aug 24, 2012 at 11:46:43 pm

Hmmmm... weird... today when I open the exact same images they look fine. Yesterday they were way off and I did nothing but close FCPX last night and launch it this morning... oh well, problem solved... thanks for the reply

Return to posts index

Rick Lang
on Aug 26, 2012 at 10:05:22 pm

Good news. That may give you time to upgrade to Mountain Lion! The price is so low and you can go directly from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion ($20) entirely skipping that outrageously expensive upgrade to Lion ($30). I just mention this, assuming all your applications run fine on Mountain Lion, to keep you in a 64-bit world. 8^)

Rick Lang

iMac 27” 2.8GHz i7 16GB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]