FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding more clips to Multi-cam clip

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Advanced Spectrum
Adding more clips to Multi-cam clip
on Aug 23, 2012 at 10:50:37 pm

Hi There,

I am new here. Wanted to tap into this groups collective knowledge. I wanted to add an additional clip to an existing multi-cam clip I already have in FCPX and have started making cuts.

I tried various ways to add but can't seem to get it work. Also, it appears I can't see the additional clip once I have imported it in the Event Library.

Any pointers?

Thanks
AdvancedSpectrum

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Adding more clips to Multi-cam clip
on Aug 23, 2012 at 11:27:58 pm

[Advanced Spectrum] "I wanted to add an additional clip to an existing multi-cam clip I already have in FCPX and have started making cuts. "

Select the multiclip in the browser, double click it to open the Angle Editor. Click the down-facing arrow on any of the angle tracks and choose Add Angle from the menu.

Drag and drop new clip into the empty angle. Select it and whatever clip you are using for monitoring, and from that same dropdown menu, choose synchronize selection to monitoring angle.

[Advanced Spectrum] "Also, it appears I can't see the additional clip once I have imported it in the Event Library."

You have some kind of filtering on preventing you from seeing your imported clip. Make sure that you don't have a collection selected instead of the entire event. Make sure that view menu isn't filtering clips.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Advanced Spectrum
on Aug 24, 2012 at 12:42:11 am

Andy, you are extremely good. You answered both my questions and in the process allowed me to learn a lot more.

Thank you very much!

Advanced Spectrum

Return to posts index

Sophia Penn-Critten
on Mar 15, 2013 at 3:08:03 pm

Hi guys, I'm very new at all this but have recently made a multicam clip with 3 streams of video and separate audio to make a music video. I then wanted to make a split screen (with crumplepop free download) at one point of the video with a part of each different video stream. Although it gives me instructions on how to do split screens starting from scratch, I don't know how to do it in the middle of a multicam clip! Can anyone help?? Please? Thanks, Sophia

Return to posts index

Mark Freeman
on Mar 26, 2015 at 3:20:47 am

Thanks for the great information Andy!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 24, 2012 at 12:34:06 am

Hello.

Right next door there's an FCPX "Techniques" forum.

Here's the link: http://forums.creativecow.net/fcpxtechnique

You can try searching there if you'd like as it might be faster for you. There's was a thread about this recently:

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/344/12937

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Advanced Spectrum
on Aug 24, 2012 at 2:09:32 am

Thanks Jeremy for the link. I will use that forum first going forward to find my answers.

Advanced Spectrum

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]