FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound Forge coming to the Mac

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Andonian
Sound Forge coming to the Mac
on Aug 22, 2012 at 8:56:32 pm

(I wonder if Vegas will make an appearance at some point. That could be interesting...)

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Sound Forge coming to the Mac
on Aug 23, 2012 at 6:03:48 am

[Greg Andonian] "(I wonder if Vegas will make an appearance at some point. That could be interesting..."

Very interesting marketing. Note there are 4 more "Drop" buttons that aren't yet active.
http://finallyonthemac.com

Hang on while I search the forum for old posts that say "creatives don't use Macs as much anymore"

Return to posts index

Bernard Newnham
on Aug 23, 2012 at 11:49:44 am

Some years ago I was taken to Sony Weybridge for one of those "don't tell anyone" demonstrations. It was a vision mixer (switcher), and they were terribly proud of the way it integrated with Sony linear editors, and that even the numbers on the wipes were the same.

This was at the point where we were just beginning to leave linear editing behind, and we hadn't done a wipe in years. Very similar to the current situation, really.

B

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Aug 23, 2012 at 12:41:22 pm

[Craig Seeman] "Hang on while I search the forum for old posts that say "creatives don't use Macs as much anymore""

I don't think you'll find too many posts like that at all.

You will certainly find posts by people like myself who are finding that you can be creative on PCs and Macs alike.

Personally, I'm happy to see more software go cross-platform. It's great having more options.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Aug 23, 2012 at 3:02:30 pm

[Walter Soyka] "don't think you'll find too many posts like that at all."

I was being cheeky. Obviously if software is going FROM Windows TO Mac, it was PC only originally.
That PC developers are looking at the Mac though is a sign that the Mac creative market is worth pursuing though. It's noteworthy that Sony is doing this. I suspect this is due to Apple's strength in the portable market.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 23, 2012 at 9:13:46 pm

FROM Windows? Surely they will still have a Win version, just porting to Mac as well. I imagine their strategy is to have a Mac version and an iPad app as a remote. Knowing a lot of music people who are existing Mac users, this is just Sony finally catching up with a request that has been around for a decade rather than some sudden confidence in Mac laptops.

As I type this on my Nexus 7, I also expect Sony to have an Android app as well. Might just check and see if that is already available.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Aug 23, 2012 at 10:18:45 pm

[Michael Gissing] "Knowing a lot of music people who are existing Mac users, this is just Sony finally catching up with a request that has been around for a decade"

It might be hard for people in an FCP forum to picture, but I started working with the then-Sonic Foundry guys and Vegas when I was at Boris around the turn of the century, and *I* heard requests for Vegas and SoundForge on Mac nearly every day. I can only imagine how much of that Sony has been hearing.

[Michael Gissing] "I also expect Sony to have an Android app as well."

The more the merrier, man. I'd love for everything I want to be everywhere I want it.

Tim Wilson
Vice President, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW Magazine
Twitter: timdoubleyou

The typos here are most likely because I'm, a) typing this on my phone; and b) an idiot.

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Aug 23, 2012 at 11:41:27 pm

I've been one of those asking for Mac version of Vegas since I started beta testing their stuff over 10 years ago. Vegas and Sound Forge have been the 2 main reason I've always had a PC workstation around and couldn't go Mac only...

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]