FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lock & Load for FCPX... finally

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Ives
Lock & Load for FCPX... finally
on Aug 17, 2012 at 5:58:10 pm

CoreMelt has released Lock & Load for FCPX. If you aren't familiar with it, it was the best stabilizer for FCP. I've been stabilizing footage in FCP7, before using it in FCPX. It's that much better. Not to mention its ability to minimize the jello effect from a DSLR.

Now its out for FCPX. Check out the speed difference between it and the built-in. Compare for yourself:

http://www.coremelt.com/products/lock-and-load-x.html

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
Re: Lock & Load for FCPX... finally
on Aug 18, 2012 at 3:05:35 pm

[Mitch Ives] "CoreMelt has released Lock & Load for FCPX. If you aren't familiar with it, it was the best stabilizer for FCP. I've been stabilizing footage in FCP7, before using it in FCPX. It's that much better. Not to mention its ability to minimize the jello effect from a DSLR."

Have you used Warp Stabilizer in After Effects? If so, how does it compare?

Return to posts index

Andy Field
on Aug 19, 2012 at 5:30:55 pm

how does it compare to warp stabilizer -- if you go to the link you'll see tests they did on video using both - Lock and Load is very good

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Aug 19, 2012 at 5:53:41 pm

[Andy Field] "how does it compare to warp stabilizer -- if you go to the link you'll see tests they did on video using both - Lock and Load is very good"

That's great, but have you ever seen a manufacturer's provided video that didn't show their product being better than the competition? I'd rather have someone's own experience with both.

Return to posts index

Andy Field
on Aug 19, 2012 at 11:54:45 pm

I can tell you it worked wonders in FCP 7...lightening fast analyzing clips -- and unlike Apple's built in stabilizer - would look at just the length of clip in the timeline - not the entire shot - assuming it's the same. All that said I love Warp Stabilizer too - it's like video magic.

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Aug 20, 2012 at 6:00:04 pm

WARNING - I just bought this plugin only to be informed that ** No more licenses are available in our database, please contact CoreMelt Pty Ltd at sales@coremelt.com directly **

So something weird is going on. I also received a call barclaycard asking me if I had made this transaction to a Cyprus account?

I've had an online receipt but NOT a registration number.

Anybody else had any problems?

I wouldn't recommend anybody else risking their money until this issue is resolved - or is it just me?

Return to posts index

Daniel Latimer
on Aug 20, 2012 at 7:00:49 pm

I purchased it and had no issues. Got the registration number and everything work as expected. I purchased it on Saturday.

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Aug 20, 2012 at 7:23:44 pm

That's great.

I wish my experience matched yours.

how are you getting on with it?

Return to posts index

Mark Dobson
on Aug 20, 2012 at 10:55:14 pm

Ah - have now got registration key.

Initial feedback good.

Return to posts index

Daniel Latimer
on Aug 20, 2012 at 11:13:32 pm

I really was not a huge fan of the FCPX stabilizer, so I was round tripping individual clips to Adobe Premiere Pro for the warp stabilizer.

I think this matches the performance and in a couple of my clips beats it. Still learning it, but I like it for sure. Worth the $99 to me.

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Aug 21, 2012 at 3:06:37 am

Hi Mark, we had a problem with our license server yesterday, its now resolved, everyone that ordered during the time we had a problem got sent an email with their license manually within 1 hour. Yours was emailed through 30 mins after you purchased.

The release price is $99 for a limited time. If you have already bought Lock & Load this is a free upgrade and the same license lets you use the product in Final Cut Pro 7, Final Cut Pro X, Premiere Pro and After Effects.

Any problems please let us know on this thread, the coremelt forum or email us direct support at coremelt dot com. We do reply to all emails as quickly we can.

-
CoreMelt V2 plugins

Return to posts index

Jari Innanen
on Aug 21, 2012 at 1:57:15 pm

Just noticed that Lock & Load causes the Multicam Angle Viewer to go black. Removed the plugin and now the angle viewer is working again. Please report if you can reproduce the bug too. I'm on Mountain Lion.

Return to posts index

Daniel Latimer
on Aug 21, 2012 at 4:18:28 pm

I can confirm that I am seeing the same results. Black multi angle view.

Return to posts index

Jari Innanen
on Aug 21, 2012 at 4:44:56 pm

Yes it's a display bug and CoreMelt is working on it.

Return to posts index

Jari Innanen
on Aug 21, 2012 at 7:23:11 pm

Hats off to CoreMelt since they already send me a patch fix that works. Now waiting for the official fix.

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Aug 21, 2012 at 5:20:57 pm

[Gary Huff] "Have you used Warp Stabilizer in After Effects? If so, how does it compare?
"

Not personally. From what I've seen Warp Stabilizer is great. I have seen a comparison and I thought L&L was giving better results, but I'm sure there are those who would disagree...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]