FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio sync and compound clips frame rate/szie

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Yoong
Audio sync and compound clips frame rate/szie
on Jun 22, 2011 at 9:36:08 pm

Hi all,

I've dived in and started to try out FCPX. One problem I am having is syncing audio and video recorded on separate devices. I am working in PAL 25fps land. When I try to sync an audio and video clip originating in 25fps 1080p the compound synced clip turns into 23.98 and 720p, resulting in out of sync video/audio.

Does anyone have any insights into this problem?

Thanks
Andy

Return to posts index

Aindreas Gallagher
Re: Audio sync and compound clips frame rate/szie
on Jun 22, 2011 at 10:31:25 pm

this actually speaks to simon ubsdell's point about forking the forum - I guess as long as I and the other hordes run out of crazed shock pretty soon it's ok - but there should be growing space for in use feedback pretty soon.

still - only two days on from a black sox moment all the same.

say it aint so joe?

and as we know so well, in infinity loop, joe sucks grapes and smiles.

http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Return to posts index

Matthew Celia
on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:23:50 am

Aindreas, that is in no way helpful.

Andy, I had a similar problem and was able to solve it by opening up Compound Clip settings and changing it to manually match what I was putting in. I thought it was supposed to guess, but maybe it's a bug.

The Compound clip settings menu can be found by clicking the clip, going to the inspector (top right) under the INFO tab. The gear at the bottom has a menu option for "Edit Compound Clip Settings"

That should do it!

Return to posts index

Andy Yoong
on Jun 23, 2011 at 7:36:37 am

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the help. I managed to change the frame size but the only option I have for frame rate is 23.98.

The only way I can seem to sync the clips at the moment is to make a compound clip and sync them manually.

Return to posts index

Randy Larcombe
on Jul 3, 2011 at 5:41:22 am

I have the same problems with audio sync. If I shoot at 25fps on canon 5dm2 the audio won't sync with the audio recorded on my Zoom H4n at all in the event browser. It will sync just fine at 24fps but when you sync the two files, the resultant compound clip goes from 1080 to 720. I've looked on the Apple FCPX forum and I'm not the only one with this problem.

Fotarrgrapher

Return to posts index

Chase Gardiner
on Jul 19, 2011 at 3:20:10 pm

A quick work around is to create the sync then open the sync and cut the clips from it, go back to the main timeline and delete the now empty sync file and paste the sync clips and then create a compound clip from the two in the timeline. It is a pain but it works for now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]