FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVD Authoring in Final Cut X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Coyle
DVD Authoring in Final Cut X
on Jun 22, 2011 at 9:33:57 pm

Just wanted to see if any of you who were brave enough to download and start using Final Cut X had any insight as to how they may have incorporated DVD Studio Pro with this, or is it just a childish version of making a "stock" motion menu template DVD.

I use DVD Studio Pro a ton and do complex stories with various audio tracks and I just can't see Final Cut X really fulfilling those needs.. I hope I am wrong.. but to me it appears Apple has declared DVDSP dead along with SoundTrack. Sad as DVDSP is useable, but the current version has some pretty nasty bugs in it.

I would love everyones thoughts.

Return to posts index

Peter Blumenstock
Re: DVD Authoring in Final Cut X
on Jun 22, 2011 at 9:53:26 pm

They haven't incorporated it. A few templates and that's it, pretty much what you get with Toast. Pathetic!

Return to posts index

Tim Coyle
on Jun 23, 2011 at 12:28:36 am

That was what I was afraid of. Guess it's time to learn some new software.

Return to posts index

Matthew Celia
on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:26:46 am

For a temp workaround (at least as far as I know), you can still export a movie, compress using compressor (even adding in chapter markers) and then bring your project into DVDSP and do whatever fancy stuff you do in there.

Haven't had a chance to really dig deep into the DVD land, so I don't know exactly what it's missing, but burning a disc is quick and easy. For more advance DVD's I'd use DVDSP, or Adobe's varient (which is fantastic).

Remember, you can still just export a movie... it's not like FCPX prevents you from making a DVD.

Return to posts index

Lynette Gilbert
on Jun 23, 2011 at 4:20:24 pm

This was my first concern when reading up on FCX. I make a LOT of DVDs - and most of those are highly complex. I just cannot imagine that the DVD creation aspect of FCX is anywhere near as intricate as DVDSP. I LOVE my DVDSP - I don't know what I would do without it. Sure, it has its problems, but I think it's fantastic.

What about Motion? I work in Motion every day, too (though I'm not an expert) and am just going through Stephen Smith's Moving with Motion to improve.

This whole FCX has me seriously worried.

Return to posts index

sarah febbraro
on Nov 20, 2012 at 1:28:33 pm

I have decided to keep using dvd studio pro as long as I have it on my computer. I find that toast really comprimises the quality of my dvds. Also do I need to use compressor to use DVDSP?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]