FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it waiting the best answer for FCP X?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Armando Ciurana
Is it waiting the best answer for FCP X?
on Jun 22, 2011 at 9:20:00 pm

Hello! I run a post-production house in Mexico, we have up to 7 systems running FCS 3 with great results, We´ve been building around this systems with aja products, Ki pro, Io HD, AJA Kone 3 and 3G, and also a lot of periferials such as client monitors, grading monitors in rooms dedicated exclusively to color correction, and so on.

I have´nt bought the new FCP X, because I saw all the negative comments in the app store and also I have been reading the posts on this forum, Honestly, I´m in panic mode

Do I have to consider like a real posibility migrate to a diferent editing/coloring/compositing system?

by the next three months we are going to stick to FCP 7 and FCS 3, but I would really appreciate if you could give me some advice about waiting to FCP X fix this isues I´ve been reading or should migrate with another system.

Thank you guys very much!

President
Ciurana Dussauge Films Mexico

Return to posts index

Jamie Franklin
Re: Is it waiting the best answer for FCP X?
on Jun 22, 2011 at 9:30:52 pm

[Armando Ciurana] "7 systems running FCS 3 with great results, We´ve been building around this systems with aja products, Ki pro, Io HD, AJA Kone 3 and 3G, and also a lot of periferials such as client monitors, grading monitors in rooms dedicated exclusively to color correction, and so on."

All paper-weights with Final Cut X

I would even go further and "suggest" if you stick with FCS3 grabbing another copy or 2 for more seats since they are pulling it completely might be prudent. There is no reason to panic if you buy yourself some time. And the other options available exceed Final Cut Studio by several measures anyways...

Avid, Adobe and Davinci are all there for you and can cross-platform well, even with your legacy projects in FCS. Which is a laugh FCX can't...Avid is also getting better with cards.

From all *user* feedback available, it looks like Final Cut Pro X is a dud for the professional post workflow right now. And probably for a long while.

Return to posts index

Armando Ciurana
on Jun 22, 2011 at 9:41:41 pm

I will do that! thank´s for the advice!

President
Ciurana Dussauge Films Mexico

Return to posts index

Jonathan Dortch
on Jun 22, 2011 at 9:40:53 pm

You'll find a lot of people freaking out here and a lot of talk of jumping ship. I've been using it heavily for the last two days driving it as hard as possible and trying to get over the initial shock. The foundation is there for a really cool editing platform with a lot of awesome features, but way too many essential pro features are missing or buggy. It requires a lot of time to learn the new software, it's a completely new UI and requires a new editing thought process which I'm not happy about. I didn't think the core principles of FCP were broken.

Motion 5, however, is by far the best version of Motion by UI improvements alone IMO. There is a really slick feature to create FCP Text Templates, Filters, and Transitions that get sent straight to FCPX for really tight integration. First time I've ever seen the studio suite work so seamlessly.

To me, overall FCPX pretty much feels like beta software. This should have been a wide beta release not for sale even at $299. We are keeping FCP 7 installed and using X just to learn the new platform until the features/stability are up to speed. I'm not ready to jump ship, I've been on the FCP platform for a decade and there's a lot stuff to potentially be awesome about the rethought 64-bit FCPX. I've never liked Premiere Pro and I've hated the archaic interface of AVID since film school.

JONATHAN DORTCH
BLACK WOLF CREATIVE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]