Steve Connor
"The ripple command is just a workaround for not having a magnetic timelinel"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Marcus Samuel-Gaskin
Re: EDL's from FCPX
on Jul 30, 2012 at 1:45:05 pm

$100. Joker.

This guy should take a leaf out of 7 to X's price point.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Jul 30, 2012 at 2:56:59 pm

[Marcus Samuel-Gaskin] "$100. Joker.

This guy should take a leaf out of 7 to X's price point.
"

He took a leaf out of X2Pro's price point. It's a niche product, but if you need to get EDL's out of X, it's worth every penny. I blew up up a couple beta versions of this, and V.1 is a really great app. Get it. And FWIW, the next version of X2Pro is gonna be very nice as well. Anyone who needs EDL/AAF export from X now has it. This is good. :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jul 30, 2012 at 5:37:01 pm

[Charlie Austin] "He took a leaf out of X2Pro's price point. It's a niche product, but if you need to get EDL's out of X, it's worth every penny. "

Agreed.

Return to posts index

alban egger
on Aug 2, 2012 at 1:05:52 pm

[Marcus Samuel-Gaskin] "$100. Joker.

This guy should take a leaf out of 7 to X's price point."

I find it interesting that people complain this $ 299 app doesn´t have certain special features that $ 1500 apps have. but when someone adds these features the first reply is about the pricepoint making FCPX a 399 app?!

Kinda lame. If you need EDL out, charge the client or the post-house 50 each time and it will make you money. EDL out is not an iPhone-gadget but a professional need.

Return to posts index

Marcus Samuel-Gaskin
on Aug 2, 2012 at 1:24:32 pm

I honestly cannot remember the last time we used an EDL for what its supposed to be used for. I supplied EDLs for the local music rights assoc. in this country. I could have given them something more user friendly but dinosaurs will be dinosaurs.

In the last 7 years have i used EDLs for going to online? Nope. EDLs for going to Color Correction, Nope. EDLs for going to another system ? Nope. EDLs for sound ? Nope. It's practically obsolete for the task it was created for. Hence my price point jab. But yes, charge 50$ extra and cover your costs..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]