FORUMS: list search recent posts

Logging interviews? Another question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan White
Logging interviews? Another question
on Jun 22, 2011 at 9:03:10 pm

Hi,
Another question: I just cut a short actors showreel for a friend and FCP X was wonderful :-) I'm not sure how to handle logging documentary interviews though....
Normally I play through my long interviews and make subclips of the bits I think I'll use.... any idea of the best procedure on X? If I select ranges and use keywords I'll end up with hundreds of keywords and a keyword collection for each subclip.. it seems a bit strange, is this the way it works?
Also I tend to lose my ins and outs a bit easily if I accidentally click the wrong place, any way to avoid this?
Johnny

Seanchas Productions, Galway, Ireland

Return to posts index

Matt Callac
Re: Logging interviews? Another question
on Jun 23, 2011 at 2:36:23 am

[Jonathan White] "Hi,
Another question: I just cut a short actors showreel for a friend and FCP X was wonderful :-) I'm not sure how to handle logging documentary interviews though....
Normally I play through my long interviews and make subclips of the bits I think I'll use.... any idea of the best procedure on X? If I select ranges and use keywords I'll end up with hundreds of keywords and a keyword collection for each subclip.. it seems a bit strange, is this the way it works?
Also I tend to lose my ins and outs a bit easily if I accidentally click the wrong place, any way to avoid this?
Johnny

Seanchas Productions, Galway, Ireland"

Basically take your already existing method of Subclipping and then apply it to keywords. There's create folder icon on the bottom left corner of the interface. I'm pretty sure you can organize your keywords into folders to tidy things up. Currently not in front of the software so I can't test it to make sure you can arrange keywords into folder, or if folders are only for "projects". WHatever your naming convention typically is for your subclipping, you can stick to that. Like if you clip bits and name them based on the person you'll clip your do your key word selects based on name. Also you can add multiple keywords and that's what makes it more/most powerful. So you can keyword tags based on mood or tone, or whatever method you would normally base an edit decision off of. The keywords subdivision opportunities are pretty endless.

-mattyc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]