FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bins+Loging Vs. Keywords

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Callac
Bins+Loging Vs. Keywords
on Jun 22, 2011 at 8:33:58 pm

I've been a long proponent of Log and Capturing. I hate when people have me capture entire tapes. I personally don't like having giant 5 giant clips. I'd much rather have 500 shorter clips neatly named. Capturing entire tapes always just seemed lazy to me.

I decided to use FCP X to cut a little video together my sister asked me to do. i've been putting it off, but figured it would be a good project to learn on as it' H.264 stuff shot on a still camera.

Using reange selection and keywords is a pretty neat little concept to log and bin your giant media clips. So now my 3 long video clips are copped up and put into bins based on keywords. It'll take some getting use to but it's not as dreadful as I would have imaged it being.

-mattyc

Return to posts index

Matthew Celia
Re: Bins+Loging Vs. Keywords
on Jun 23, 2011 at 1:33:48 am

Thats pretty cool - have you had a chance to see how the auto analysis works? It created a bin of "steady" shots for me that was actually pretty cool for just messing around. Haven't tried the people stuff yet, but plan to this weekend.

Man, if I could figure this out, It could save me TONS of time...

----------------
FCP Guru
http://www.fcpguru.com

Return to posts index

Matt Callac
on Jun 23, 2011 at 3:26:07 am

[Matthew Celia] "Thats pretty cool - have you had a chance to see how the auto analysis works? It created a bin of "steady" shots for me that was actually pretty cool for just messing around. Haven't tried the people stuff yet, but plan to this weekend.

Man, if I could figure this out, It could save me TONS of time..."

I let it auto some stuff, but it wasn't helpful for the type of media i was using. I'll have to try it out with something else later.

-mattyc

Return to posts index

Tony Silanskas
on Jun 23, 2011 at 3:31:02 am

Adding better organization inside of Final Cut is incredibly long overdue and I believe the strides they've taken with metadata and keywords is a great start. Working on so many large projects with 1000's of clips is not fun in FCP 7 and almost impossible to easily search. I am such a proponent of having a logical organizational scheme and am happy Apple is almost forcing people to start organizing more efficiently.

tony

http://www.HungryCliff.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]