FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone have personal experience with adding "Drop Coverage" to there MBPr?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brooks Tomlinson
Anyone have personal experience with adding "Drop Coverage" to there MBPr?
on Jul 11, 2012 at 2:44:39 am

I'm waiting for my new MBPr, and i'm not going to lie, the glued in batterier scares me but I still bought it :). I was wondering if anyone had some experience with adding accidental damage coverage?

Thanks
Brooks
"I dream in 32 bit float, don't you?"

Brooks Tomlinson

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Anyone have personal experience with adding "Drop Coverage" to there MBPr?
on Jul 11, 2012 at 3:48:27 pm

[Brooks Tomlinson] " was wondering if anyone had some experience with adding accidental damage coverage"

If you are talking about Applecare- that covers a limited amount of physical damage ( like a reduced replacement charge if you spill liquids). I would recommed it for anyone new to owning a laptop, or if you plan on being on location more than 30% of the time you are on it. That way if something happens when you are on the road, you can get expedited repairs from some of the larger apple stores.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Brooks Tomlinson
on Jul 11, 2012 at 6:37:10 pm

Apple care does not cover drop or accidental damage on laptops. I was wondering if anyone has bought an insurance or extended care for a laptop that covers accidental damage. I want to be able to carry around my macbook, with out a huge worry about breaking it. (I've never broken a laptop before, but with the repair rate so low on the macbook retina, I want it covered.)

Brooks Tomlinson

Return to posts index

Adam Rainer
on Jul 12, 2012 at 9:29:16 am

If you're a business in Australia, marine insurance will cover any damages while in transit. If its a personal laptop then home and contents insurance will cover it.

Just talk to an insurance broker and they will give you the right insurance.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Jul 12, 2012 at 6:47:07 pm

[gary adcock] " covers a limited amount of physical damage ( like a reduced replacement charge if you spill liquids)."

Yes, it does on the unibody designs- my wife spilled liquid on her Air and the replacement unit was discounted and it does cover discounted display repairs- the most comon damage.

As has been said, a "marine" insurance policy is used to cover most electronics and camera equiptment, line item the laptop on your insurance and then you are only out the deductable for replacement.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]