Greg Andonian
Singular Software acquired by Red Giant
on Jul 10, 2012 at 5:25:30 am

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=0124e8c3fa13e554c74c43947&id=f6331bf5fb

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
Re: Singular Software acquired by Red Giant
on Jul 10, 2012 at 2:15:53 pm

This is certainly an interesting development.

Return to posts index

Lemur Hayop
on Jul 11, 2012 at 5:40:45 pm

Perhaps Red Giant is more ubiquitous than Singular Software and thus should have better distribution and maybe package deals that can push the price down on Plural Eyes. Meanwhile, this could be incentive for Apple to further develop FCPX's syncing protocols because it is easily stymied by multiple video and audio clips.

For example, all my recent music shooting with two cameras and constant Zoom audio placed clips all over the wrong places on the FCPX timeline after "syncing." I ended up syncing manually. Fortunately beforehand I assured the cameras and Zoom all had the same time-of-day clocked, and that helped immensely, in fact it was fairly simple. All that to save $149 from buying Plural Eyes. Well, I guess I'm a cheapskate. If PE could sync a lot of data accurately it's probably worth it.

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on Jul 12, 2012 at 3:51:15 pm

[Lemur Hayop] "If PE could sync a lot of data accurately it's probably worth it."

It can. I've found myself syncing clips in FCP7, then bringing them into FCPX. Saves a lot of grief...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things." - Winston Churchill

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]