FORUMS: list search recent posts

I'm heading over to a FCP user group meeting

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Andonian
I'm heading over to a FCP user group meeting
on Jul 9, 2012 at 11:39:33 pm

So I'm leaving now to go to a FCP user group meeting here in San Diego. UCSD has one available in their free extension classes. I thought it sounded interesting, and I'm curious to see what the consensus is on X among the people there, so I thought I'd go check it out...

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: I'm heading over to a FCP user group meeting
on Jul 10, 2012 at 3:40:17 am

I've essentially always been a a HUGE supporter of users groups - but I've got to admit that the internet era has changed them nearly as much as it's changed trade shows.

Once upon a time, the users group was the unique place for learning about a complex subject like computer operation. Today, all that same info is available instantly on line. And from a much wider perspective than a local group.

There's nothing like the person to person contact, and it's quite possible to make good friends in the UG scene. But it's just not the same as it was back in the day when they were a near necessity for sharing info about software use.

So I hope you have a great time and the USD folks run theirs well.

If so you'll gain a lot from going.

Good luck.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]