FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Meet In The Middle" - Follow The Money

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Conrad Noddin
"Meet In The Middle" - Follow The Money
on Jun 22, 2011 at 7:54:42 pm

Apple, now a smarter bigger richer company is (are) shrewd. The Japanese say that Business is War! Maybe so. Here is my prediction: I have been with FCP since V1 and think that Apple is trimming and streamlining its revenue flow. (i.e.) Get rid of iMovie, DVD Studio Pro, Color, Soundtrack Pro and put the emphasis where the most money is. Namely the best "prosumer" video app on the market FCPX. What about the pros though... maybe not a big enough market to really worry about, that is money-wise. So if the prediction is true... what is next? Garage Band will be eliminated along with Waveburner etc and Logic Studio will take the same "innovative dive" that FCP did. Meet In The Middle - Follow The Money. All of this works because of the price structure that is now possible with downloading the app and not replicating and packaging the app. Make the price point reachable to the masses. Build It And They Will Come! Make it the best prosumer app and they will really come! Oh... by the way, look out iPhoto, you're next! Big brother Aperture is headed your way! All of the real money is in the middle, why fool with the creative attitudes of the pro community. After all, we are just a bunch of whiners and dreamers... right? Somebody convince me I am wrong please!

Return to posts index

Chris Conlee
Re: "Meet In The Middle" - Follow The Money
on Jun 22, 2011 at 8:23:14 pm

Nope, spot on.

Return to posts index

Douglas K. Dempsey
Re: "Meet In The Middle" - Follow The Money
on Jun 22, 2011 at 9:39:31 pm

Unfortunately Conrad, I think you are exactly right, as I have said elsewhere on this forum.

By withdrawing FCS3 and allowing FCPX to be the only "Pro" video app, we are being told Apple is no longer in the pro market, it's too small. (except as a marketing suffix, e.g. MacBook Pro, Final Cut Pro as in "Work like the pros do!").

Yes...iMovie, no profit. FCExpress, a failure, too complex for the average user. FCS3, too expensive to keep fixing and upgrading for a few high-end users. FCPX solves everything.

For those holding out hope, listen to Biscardi & Harrington's podcast
http://library.creativecow.net/harrington_biscardi/FCPX/1

Why would Apple make FCPX not only NOT open or import all your FCP7 projects, but actively make your old FCP7 projects unable to open the older app with a double-click?

It's a race against time; will Apple make FCPX "pro" before FCP7 stops working with the OS altogether? Many people assume the MacPro will go away, and the OS will go away and everything will be an iOS gesture-controlled device. Edit video shot on your phone, share to the cloud, end of story.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]