FORUMS: list search recent posts

Soundforge coming to Mac?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Connor
Soundforge coming to Mac?
on Jun 28, 2012 at 3:14:34 pm

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/06/28/sonys-sound-forge-audio-editing-softwar...

Possibly Vegas too? That would be interesting

Steve Connor
"The ripple command is just a workaround for not having a magnetic timelinel"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
Re: Soundforge coming to Mac?
on Jun 28, 2012 at 3:57:25 pm

That's good news. It would be interesting to see how Sound Forge and Vegas would be recieved by the Apple user base. I think Sony makes great software, and I would love to see them expand their reach to more platforms... assuming this announcement has anything to do with Sony. :-)

Shawn

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jun 28, 2012 at 5:15:14 pm

Sound Forge for the Mac would be wonderful. I have trouble imagining Sony doing it. If its true, I hope that "Rethought. Reshaped. Recreated. - Reinvented for the Mac " simply means ported. I don't want them messing with it too much. What I'd really love is to see Acid ported.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Jun 28, 2012 at 5:41:40 pm

[Chris Harlan] "I hope that "Rethought. Reshaped. Recreated. - Reinvented for the Mac " simply means ported."

I hope so too. I keep telling people that I'm going to get a Mac one day... as soon as I find an application that I would be foolish not to have. I had hoped it would be an updated Shake, but I don't think that's going to happen. But if it turns out to be Smoke (or something like it), it would be nice to have something like SF, Acid or Vegas also waiting for me (on the Mac).

Shawn

Return to posts index

Clint Wardlow
on Jun 28, 2012 at 6:00:18 pm

I would like to see this also simply because I use a lot of Sony Cameras (just got the Nex 7) and would like to see Apple and Sony play nice for a change.

I have always been curious about Soundforge and Vegas but my Apple environment has prevented me from giving them a look. Boy it really is becoming a multi-NLE world.

Who would have thunk a year ago when I was locked in my Final Cut matrix, that I would soon inhabit such a multicolored editing universe --Fcp7, PPRO, soon FCPX, and now the possibility of Vegas. Plus all the ancilliary software like AE, Da Vinci, and others.

If nothing else, I guess I should thank Apple and FCPX for forcing me to expand my universe even if I have to hemorage cash to do so.

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Jun 29, 2012 at 10:27:11 am

I wish I hadn't signed that darn NDA...

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jun 29, 2012 at 3:49:32 pm

[Lance Bachelder] "I wish I hadn't signed that darn NDA..."

Love it!

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Jun 29, 2012 at 1:56:42 pm

Love Soundforge, use it all the time for editing and polishing my tracks, much better than anything in Soundtrack for even such simple things as normalization. Since I'm already cross platform, not that big a deal to bounce the tracks back and forth between workstations, but it would be nice to have everything in one box.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]