FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time for FCP users to give M100 a serious look

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
Time for FCP users to give M100 a serious look
on Jun 22, 2011 at 6:35:35 pm

Given what's going on with FCP-X, it would seem that this would be a great opportunity for Media 100 to heavily promote its free 14 day trial. With the FCP world in a state of near rebellion, what a great time to take a closer look at a highly viable -- and more importantly to the pros, reliable -- Mac-based NLE.

Oh, and did I mention that the newest versions of Media 100 software works quite nicely with older Media 100 projects and, using XML exchange, can directly transfer and open existing FCP 7 projects?

Return to posts index

J Hussar
Re: Time for FCP users to give M100 a serious look
on Jun 22, 2011 at 6:40:51 pm

I was thinking the same thing today. I think the IOS koolaid has damaged the brains at Apple. If I have to go forward and Apple doesn't resolve the import old projects and tape control issues asap I will just leave them behind, like people left an 'arrogant' quark behind for indesign.

Return to posts index

Andrew Golden
on Jun 22, 2011 at 8:44:32 pm

I started working on Media 100 as my first NLE in 1997. After sporadically using FCP for a couple of years, I have used it almost exclusively since 2003 when Media 100 seemed lost and I needed a solution to more complex editing then Media 100 couldn't handle at the time. Throughout those years, I continued to purchase upgrades to Media 100 since I have a few projects that get updated on a yearly basis that I still use Media 100 for.

Boris FX has done a great job bringing all the features I left Media 100 for FCP to their current Media 100 software and today, after seeing where FCP-X is going, I know where I am returning to. It's already compatible with my workflow, uses my existing AJA hardware, all my peripherals, my storage, and guess what, it's already installed on my system. If you are looking for a robust alternative to the "NON-Pro" FCP-X, take a serious look at Media 100 today. It still has the most intuitive interface I've ever encountered and can handle many formats and edit modes (including multicam - which was one of those reasons I left them years ago). Maybe in a few years time I'll look at Apple again. However, FCP-X is a poor excuse for a "professional" editing application that does not meet my needs or the needs of most of my colleagues.

Andrew S. Golden
President
Illusion Media LLC

Return to posts index

Adam Claude Jones
on Jun 22, 2011 at 10:03:01 pm

Interesting. Is Media 100 really a good option to replace FCP?
By the way, can it import and work with DPX sequences? Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]