FORUMS: list search recent posts

Happy 1 Year Birthday for FCP X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Radeke
Happy 1 Year Birthday for FCP X
on Jun 21, 2012 at 10:51:14 pm

Just realized that one year ago today, FCP X was shipped.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Happy 1 Year Birthday for FCP X
on Jun 21, 2012 at 11:46:23 pm

Downloaded.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jun 22, 2012 at 1:55:00 am

[Shane Ross] "Downloaded."

You mean you didn't get the 5-disc Ultra Deluxe edition with all the extra content?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jun 22, 2012 at 3:36:58 am

And loved by all, universally, in perpetuity, throughout the known and unknown universe.

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com

Sales | Integration | Support

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jun 22, 2012 at 3:44:03 am

"Thank you sir! May I have another?"

Return to posts index

Liam Hall
on Jun 22, 2012 at 7:06:42 am

Now, now gentlemen, it's not good manners to speak ill of the dead.

Liam Hall
Director/DoP/Editor
http://www.liamhall.net

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 22, 2012 at 8:30:31 am

[Dennis Radeke] "Just realized that one year ago today, FCP X was shipped.
"

Well spotted, Happy Birthday FCPX, I've had a very profitable 10 months using you!

Steve Connor
"The ripple command is just a workaround for not having a magnetic timelinel"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
..and one minute of silence for FCP's EOL.....
on Jun 22, 2012 at 9:28:25 am

I never thought I would have such a profitable year working with a defunct.
It may be a zombie, but still responding.
Powerful spell, I guess.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: ..and one minute of silence for FCP's EOL.....
on Jun 22, 2012 at 11:54:42 am

I know folks still running Avid MC Meridien on G5s. If aint broke, use it ;)

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Jun 22, 2012 at 1:50:09 pm

Just because a lot of people scoff at the tools you use doesn't mean that they can't do the job at hand. On a different note, working as I am in the woods of New Hampshire, I have neighbors who still do logging (and I don't mean video) using work horses and oxen. Imagine the laughs that gets from the corporate farmers who use combines and GPS. Whatever tool gets your job done.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Jun 22, 2012 at 2:03:15 pm

Agreed, and if you can enjoy using your tool all the better! FCP X fits my workflow nicely, not all the way there yet but I'm optimistic about its future.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Jun 22, 2012 at 4:37:48 pm

[Joseph W. Bourke] " I have neighbors who still do logging (and I don't mean video) using work horses and oxen. Imagine the laughs that gets from the corporate farmers who use combines and GPS. Whatever tool gets your job done."
I'm assuming that your neighbors are selection cutting as opposed to clear cutting though (or clear cutting a very small area). If they were trying to clear cut a large area I could see that being a source of amusement for large, mechanized logging companies but for selection cutting draft animals are still best, and many times only, way to get into and out of the woods w/o leaving a giant swath of destruction in your wake.

That's completely beside your point, but for some reason I felt the need to chime in. I'm not a logger, and I didn't stat at a Holiday Inn last night, but I have seen reality TV shows about logging.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 22, 2012 at 4:53:50 pm

[Andrew Kimery] " draft animals are still best, and many times only, way to get into and out of the woods w/o leaving a giant swath of destruction in your wake."

You raise a great point. One of my pet-est of peeves is when people say "the tools don't matter, it's the editor," or something similar. TOOLS MATTER. People SHOULD be talking about this. If you need a new ox and all your oxen breeders are now breeding armadillos or rhinos -- wonderful animals (hey, a rhino is 4 times bigger than an ox! Awesome), but not what you need.

I don't need to actually write out the rest of the metaphor at this point in the festivities, but I think that talking about tools that are suited to the specific job that you in particular need to do is very much on topic.

It's also worth talking about the right way to do things without leaving a trail of destruction in your wake.

Tim Wilson
Associate Publisher, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW Magazine
Twitter: timdoubleyou

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Jun 22, 2012 at 6:19:47 pm

[Tim Wilson] "It's also worth talking about the right way to do things without leaving a trail of destruction in your wake."
This is why here they still using elephants for selective login.
They result more expensive than machines but do not destroy the forests.
Corporate loggers/wood dealers may laugh about, people that appreciate precious woods don't.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Jun 22, 2012 at 10:03:07 pm

You are correct in your assumption, Andrew. This is selective cutting, done so as to minimize the collateral damage to the surrounding forest, and to maintain a forestry plan which might include maple sugaring, cord wood sales (and personal use), as well as the occasional large saw logs for sale to the local mill. You don't need a nuclear warhead to swat a fly.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Jun 22, 2012 at 12:45:24 pm

Coulda been a funny story-

Yesterday I attended an event held by Key Code Media, "NORTHWEST POST NAB SHOW 2012"
at the Seattle Museum of Flight. I had a good time chatting with the guys at the AJA, Sony, Avid et. al. booths as well as a few other attendees. Since I have been using FCPX for paid work more and more, I was curious if anyone else was using it... Or even gave it a shot. And no, no one I talked to got further than clicking around then saying "NOPE". I got the feeling that the whole room scoffed at X but maybe it was only the few I talked to by chance.

During happy hour, it was very difficult for me to resist going up to the podium to announce a very special birthday and getting everyone to join-in singing Happy Birthday unaware of "who's" birthday it was, until I sang "Dear, Finalcut TEN". I can only imagine looking at everyone's reaction when they realized what they were singing for, would have been priceless!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]