FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Tracks???

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Pierro
Audio Tracks???
on Jun 22, 2011 at 5:08:49 pm

Hey All.

My main concern with this new "paradigm" is the lack of actual tracks, and the way the program seems to deal with multiple layers of media. I'll say before I go on that have yet to try out the program, but from what I've seen and heard so far, I definitely am a little worried.

Especially on the audio front. Just wondering, for those who've used it over the past day or so, how does it deal with multiple tracks of synced audio? Right now I'm in the middle of a project with footage that has 8 unique channels of audio. While cumbersome, in FCP7 it is pretty easy to manipulate and move around and, probably most importantly, mute or blow away any unwanted channels whenever I want.

Just wondering how that sort of thing is being dealt with in X.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Marc Roberts
Re: Audio Tracks???
on Jun 22, 2011 at 5:25:49 pm

They can be handles in a similar way. By default a video and audio track are combined. Simply disconnect the audio tracks/ add additional audio tracks and they are all stacked up like the timeline in fcp 7. I typically have 6 - 10 audio tracks per project and I am handling them in fcpx just fine. Now syncing multiple things up a la pluraleyes... that I'm having trouble with.

Return to posts index

Buddy Couch
on Jun 22, 2011 at 5:40:35 pm

I thought one of the new additions with FCPX was it did away with plural eyes necessity? I am pretty sure it was supposed to auto sync external audio or multi cam shots.

Return to posts index

Marc Roberts
on Jun 22, 2011 at 5:51:41 pm

I thought so too! The sync audio function is behaving screwy when i try to sync more than 3 or 4 tracks. I very well may be doing something wrong but I have yet to find a resolution.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]