FORUMS: list search recent posts

Microsoft Surface

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Connor
Microsoft Surface
on Jun 18, 2012 at 11:49:58 pm

Microsoft have a tablet, well three tablets I think and one of them runs Windows 8 Pro, with an Ivy Bridge Core i5!

Perhaps Premiere Pro and Avid will be on a modern tablet before FCPX is?

.....and it has a kickstand.

Steve Connor
"The ripple command is just a workaround for not having a magnetic timelinel"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
Re: Microsoft Surface
on Jun 19, 2012 at 12:08:51 am

You're right the specs on the Pro version look like it could handle editing with via USB3 or right from a SDXC card? Full HD screen plus keyboard - could be cool...

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 19, 2012 at 12:10:00 am

And it has a kickstand

Steve Connor
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
kickstand
on Jun 20, 2012 at 5:32:51 pm

I see two problems here:
landscape only?
so upright that it might be a problem with touch control.

The cover doubling as a keyboard would be great
IF the actual typing experience has a good tactile feel.

On the other hand, I would love it if Apple added mini-kickstands to each backside edge of the macbooks:
better typing angle,
better touch pad angle,
better heat dissipation.

Would not mind one for the IPhone though it would make the back cover less than lick my smooth seamless perfection.

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
Re: kickstand
on Jun 20, 2012 at 5:37:47 pm

[Craig Alan] "Would not mind one for the IPhone though it would make the back cover less than lick my smooth seamless perfection."

Are you saying you like the back of your iPhone? Don't do that with your computer.

I have a kickstand on the back of my HTC Thunderbolt (OH NO!!! THUNDERBOLT!!!!), and I think it rawks. It's oriented horizontally, but works dandily in both landscape and portrait. I use it all the time.

Since MSFT has seen this with a bunch of phones, I'm going to assume that they were thinking about it.

Stop by your local Best Buy and take a look. It's nicely recessed and designed in a complementary way with the rest of the phone. While the back of the phone isn't lickably smooth, I happen to find licking textural things appealing in its own special way as well.

Tim Wilson
Associate Publisher, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW Magazine
Twitter: timdoubleyou

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: kickstand
on Jun 20, 2012 at 10:27:18 pm

Sounds good, but my IPhone is encased in an Otterbox Defender, which did protect it the four times it went crashing to the ground. Each time it dropped, ironically, was when the belt clip that came with the defender got accidentally engaged in the open position and popped off my belt. What is the open position for? Why it allows the belt clip to double as a kickstand. Actually, the last time it fell, something did break. The part that holds the kickstand (belt clip) in the open position broke off. Since then, it has not fallen. It works much better now as a belt clip though is still way to bulky – held out a good ½ inch from my belt. Have to admit; when someone slides a butt naked iphone out her front or rear jean pocket, I get product envy. I realize it’s the same model I have, but I still want one of those.

MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170, Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jun 19, 2012 at 12:17:09 am

[Steve Connor] "Microsoft have a tablet, well three tablets I think and one of them runs Windows 8 Pro, with an Ivy Bridge Core i5!

Perhaps Premiere Pro and Avid will be on a modern tablet before FCPX is?

.....and it has a kickstand."

Yeah, the specs look pretty good on the Pro version. Display port out. USB 3 i/o. Full version of Windows 8. i5 Chip. I can imagine Prelude--at the least--running on this thing the week its released.

And, it has a kickstand.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 19, 2012 at 12:19:27 am

[Steve Connor] ".....and it has a kickstand"

And a touch cover that's a full keyboard/trackpad.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 19, 2012 at 12:20:59 am

Which is why you have the kickstand!

Steve Connor
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jun 19, 2012 at 12:27:53 am

[Steve Connor] "Which is why you have the kickstand!"

Kickstand?

Huh.

Weird.

Can't really see taking my shoe off to set up my computer for typing but whatever... (grin)

Hope these gizmos are really, truly cool and work well out of the box. Competition is pretty universally a driver of better performance for everything.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 19, 2012 at 12:21:51 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "[Steve Connor] ".....and it has a kickstand""

Y'know, my phone has a kickstand and I use it all the damn time. I love it.

And I'm not just saying that because I have a kickstand and now make use of it. I'd wanted one before, and I gotta tell ya, even cooler than I thought.

(BTW, that thing on most iPad covers? Not a kickstand. It's a FLAP.)

tw

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Jun 19, 2012 at 12:35:21 am

Hey did anyone notice the kickstand?

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 19, 2012 at 12:37:29 am

What??? It has a kick stand???

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 19, 2012 at 12:39:06 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "What??? It has a kick stand???"

I would pay any amount of money for this if it had a kick stand.

Wait. What?

First one to get a full version of OS X running on this wins a free pony.

Tim Wilson
Creative COW Magazine

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 19, 2012 at 12:42:17 am

If you ran OSX on one it would phone home to Redmond then Steve Ballmer would come to your house and scream " developers, developers, developers etc" until yours ears bled and you promised to never do it again

And he'd take away your kickstand

Steve Connor
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jun 19, 2012 at 12:53:48 am

watching for an exodus of the tragically hip heading for 4-Chan or Pinterest to immediately start posting photos of random stuff like rockets, burritos, and even, shudder, cows - with photoshopped kickstands grafted on...

meme city, here we come.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

Michael Garber
on Jun 19, 2012 at 5:04:00 am

It's all part of the plan...
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=277&t=64695

Michael Garber
5th Wall - a post production company

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 19, 2012 at 5:44:21 am

One thing that kinda stuck out to me is two cameras. The one facing toward you is for, well, capturing your fave for video chat, naughty stuff and what have you. The camera on the other side is meant to record meetings, events, interviews and what have you.

I know that iPad has whitened it's way into the enterprise because it's fun and cool, but this is the kind of feature that's potentially fun and practical. I'm glad to not need such a thing anymore, but if I was stool in the bidness world, that would be one of my favorite features.

That and the kickstand.

While the lacko'apps will be a massive, insurmountable deal killer, man, I look at the ability to run real Office products, real VPN, etc, and the practical aspects (including the kickstand AND the integrated keyboard) jump screaming out at me.

Re the keyboard, msft doesn't get enough credit for their keyboards and mice. (note too that the keyboard includes a built-in TRACKPAD.) Makes sense when your software is such a major contributor to RSS.

one apps workaround I see is a real browser, with a CPU that could make a lot of web multimedia more practical....when connected. It's not like there's a web based version of the most popular games on either iOS or Android. There's still a few months for this kinda thing to get worked out, but color me curious....

Tim Wilson
Creative COW Magazine

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jun 19, 2012 at 8:24:36 am

[Tim Wilson] "That and the kickstand."

You guys are all laughing at the kickstand, but I gotta say that one of the things I've always thought my iPad could use was, well,... something like a kick stand. The folded up magnetic cover just doesn't quite cut it.

Return to posts index

David Cherniack
on Jun 19, 2012 at 10:05:59 am

[Tim Wilson] "While the lacko'apps will be a massive, insurmountable deal killer, man"

hmmm...how many windows apps are there now? I don't think anyone keeps track anymore. And most of them are real apps, not toy apps. While it's true they can't be driven by finger gestures right off the bat, how long will it take for Adobe Reader, ferinstance, to respond to ones foredigits. Besides, fingers are good for turning pages but for detailed work they are kinda suck - way too big in case no one's noticed. That's why Sammy's sold millions of stylus equipped Galaxy Notes.

Nope, the keyboard & trackpad equipped Pro Surface is a fairly brilliant stroke and the kickstand kinda stops it from falling down when you need to use it on a flat surface.

If it works, I want one.

David
AllinOneFilms.com

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 19, 2012 at 10:19:00 am

[David Cherniack] "Nope, the keyboard & trackpad equipped Pro Surface is a fairly brilliant stroke and the kickstand kinda stops it from falling down when you need to use it on a flat surface. "

Obviously the kickstand is a great idea, but if you want a keyboard and a trackpad then surely you're better off with an Ultrabook?

Steve Connor
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

David Cherniack
on Jun 19, 2012 at 1:59:22 pm

Steve, you've never wanted a keyboard when writing a long email on a tablet? Even with smart keyboards like Swiftkey it's not a fluid creative experience with my brain finger combination. I have a nice wireless Logitec mini keyboard & trackpad that I plug into my Iconia's USB port when I take my tab out and I know I'm going to want to write something. The Surface Pro will save me the extra baggage. I expect it will replace the need for an Ultrabook in a lot of use scenarios and it weighs less and will probably cost less.

David
AllinOneFilms.com

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 19, 2012 at 2:11:48 pm

[David Cherniack] " I expect it will replace the need for an Ultrabook in a lot of use scenarios and it weighs less and will probably cost less.
"

I agree, but I wouldn't be too sure about that last part. However it is exactly the sort of thing Microsoft should be doing, even if it is a bit late, they have lost a lot of ground to Android and iOS and they need to catch up.

As in the wonderful world of NLE's, Choice is good!

Steve Connor
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 19, 2012 at 2:36:31 pm

I like goofing around, but I'm not kidding about the kickstand. I use the one on my phone ALL THE TIME. speakerphone, playing music or video, etc. Love it.

Netbooks are great, and I can't believe more people don't use them. I swear that two thirds of the people who think they prefer a 15 inch laptop for anything non-work related and maybe half who use a tablet for anything but specific apps will be amazed at how much more they prefer a netbook.

That said, we're talking about tablets, which have their own awesomeness, and this one seems to address some real usability issues.

It's really not fair to say that msft looks for how to solve problems with Windows. That's what Apple does with iOS...but I bet if there was a tablet-optimized, touch-sensitive version of the FULL Mac IS with the same processor that's in an iMac, you'd be hailing it as a breakthrough, and a good number of people here would have one on order, not as a computer or laptop replacement, but as a cool tablet that can do far far more than tablets can today.

And for Surface, the tiny handful of people who use Windows -and I get it, it really is just a tiny handful of people who use Windows -they're going to look at this, look at some of the fun stuff, and think, hmm, this might work for me. This is going to hit some sweet spots for, again, that single digit minority of people who use Windows.

Tim Wilson
Creative COW Magazine

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 19, 2012 at 2:58:40 pm

[Tim Wilson] "I bet if there was a tablet-optimized, touch-sensitive version of the FULL Mac IS with the same processor that's in an iMac, you'd be hailing it as a breakthrough, and a good number of people here would have one on order, not as a computer or laptop replacement, but as a cool tablet that can do far far more than tablets can today. "

I wouldn't, that's not what I want a tablet to do, that's not what the iPad was designed to do and it's also the reason that it's been such a success. Sure MS will find a market for it and I hope it's a good one, but I think it's going to take sales from Android and not much from iOS.

Shall we get a pool going on what percentage MS have of the market in say 18 months time? Winner gets a Pony

Steve Connor
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 19, 2012 at 3:22:54 pm

[Steve Connor] "I wouldn't, that's not what I want a tablet to do"

You don't want the tablet to have a tablet-optimized, touch sensitive OS that can do more than it can do, run full versions of every application you've ever owned AND can run all your fun iOS apps?

I just don't believe it. I don't believe that if such a thing was offered you'd say, "Forget it. I'm not in this for the Mac OS. I only want iOS. You can keep this full-version nonsense." There's not one person on earth that will say this.

Ballmer's a moron, but if Tim Cook showed something like this, this forum would be on fire. Again. iPad sales would skyrocket even faster.

Besides, if you believe Apple for a single second when they say that something like this isn't coming, I'll point you to Steve Jobs quotes less than 3 years before the introduction of the iPad saying that Apple would never do a tablet because Apple people don't want tablets, and people who DO want tablets are completely different than Apple customers. It's amazing how strongly he denied this...oh yeah, and getting into the phone business.

So get used to it now. Soon, Apple will bring you an Apple-flavored version of exactly this. Today, a pony is on the line.

Tim Wilson
Creative COW Magazine

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 19, 2012 at 3:47:31 pm

[Tim Wilson] " Apple people don't want tablets, and people who DO want tablets are completely different than Apple customers"

But I think this is true in a lot of respects, which is why MS will do well with their offerings. But I like having my iPad AND Macbook Pro, they serve different needs and they do it very well.

Steve Connor
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 19, 2012 at 4:32:46 pm

I like my iPad, I use it a lot, but really what I want is a really light laptop. It's why that damn retina looks so good to me.

Really, an Air would be perfect, but I can't edit on it, so if I'm going to get a full OSX computer I might as well get the retina if I am going to spend the dough. An Air would be a luxury item, the retina would be a work item that I can also use where the iPad fits in.

And by the way, if people think that Microsoft isn't in the entertainment/consumer game, I highly suggest looking at what they are doing with the XBox 360. It is "Windows 8" incarnate, and it works, and works very well. It is also a digital media hub that can connect to other computers, they even have a new iOS app to control the damn thing.

IT has it's usual Microsoft design quirks, but over the years, it has improved.

It's $299 and way more functional than the Hobbyist AppleTV will ever be.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Jun 19, 2012 at 5:10:39 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "And by the way, if people think that Microsoft isn't in the entertainment/consumer game, I highly suggest looking at what they are doing with the XBox 360. It is "Windows 8" incarnate, and it works, and works very well."

Very true, people are also doing a ton of cool things using the Kinect SDK. Personally, I wish my cable box had the same voice command functionality. :-)

Shawn

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 19, 2012 at 5:13:52 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "And by the way, if people think that Microsoft isn't in the entertainment/consumer game, I highly suggest looking at what they are doing with the XBox 360. It is "Windows 8" incarnate, and it works, and works very well. It is also a digital media hub that can connect to other computers, they even have a new iOS app to control the damn thing.

IT has it's usual Microsoft design quirks, but over the years, it has improved.

It's $299 and way more functional than the Hobbyist AppleTV will ever be.
"

Agreed, but let's see what the hobbyist AppleTV evolves into.

Steve Connor
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 19, 2012 at 5:51:23 pm

[Steve Connor] "Agreed, but let's see what the hobbyist AppleTV evolves into."

It won't be a media center/gaming console. It doesn't even have a hard drive in it anymore.

It's a front end for iCloud.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 19, 2012 at 6:00:36 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "It's a front end for iCloud."

Or any iOS or OSX device on your network.

What if they opened it up to Developers? What if you could run Apps on it, that might change it's focus.

I'm not saying XBox isn't great, Kinect is fantastic, add to that smart glass and you can see where their convergence plans are going. But I don't imagine Apple are standing still in that area either.

Steve Connor
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 19, 2012 at 7:58:00 pm

[Steve Connor] "Or any iOS or OSX device on your network. "

That's the thing, what's the point? It's a conduit to your TV?

The Xbox IS the device. The old Apple TV WAS the device. With the new AppleTV you need some sort of storage device or computer.

Out of all the things that Apple has done lately, I am truly miffed about AppleTV v1. I love and still use it, but it's EOL and all the cool shit I can do on the new and smaller AppleTV, I cannot do on the old AppleTV, but I don't need a "server" as I do with the new Apple TV.

As long as Apps can run in the cloud, and all of your music and movies can run in the Cloud, the new AppleTV makes sense.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Jun 19, 2012 at 8:19:09 pm

Indeed, Jeremy. How long will apps run in the cloud? Is that covered in the EULA? How long will all my music and movies stay there? As one who just took one of my favorite movies off the shelf to watch I have to wonder if, in the not to distant future, will I have that option? Or will I be forced to pay again? For goods that I already own?

Tim

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 19, 2012 at 8:41:38 pm

[TImothy Auld] "Indeed, Jeremy. How long will apps run in the cloud? Is that covered in the EULA? How long will all my music and movies stay there? As one who just took one of my favorite movies off the shelf to watch I have to wonder if, in the not to distant future, will I have that option? Or will I be forced to pay again? For goods that I already own?"

Unfortunately, it won't matter. For the younger generation, having a physical medium simply isn't on their radar. They want ACCESS to everything, but they don't need to go to the shelf, they just need to type in a search. Enter: The Internet.

I'll tell ya what, I like playing video games. Xbox 360 has an area for smaller, lighter but still really cool video games that are downloadable. It is so much better than going to a store to pay $60 for a sweet game that comes in a case, when I can buy a bunch of different, shorter, and sometimes more "clever and fun" games for less money per game, but probably the overall same cost, and as far as an Xbox user, I'm old.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jun 19, 2012 at 8:41:35 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "As long as Apps can run in the cloud, and all of your music and movies can run in the Cloud, the new AppleTV makes sense.
"

Yeah. It's that "As long as Apps can run..." part that I have trouble with in regards to Apple. I love using the new AppleTV right now (I also have the Old version) but how long can I actually trust this cloud service? I'm losing my iDisk the week after next, which I have found very useful, and which a few scant years ago seemed to be part of a service that Apple was truly committed to for a very long haul. I built a career on the old FCP platform, and had to flip about with little notice; if you'd asked me a year-and-a half ago to predict that, I couldn't have. I THINK I might be able to continue on OS X if the vague, off-the-record promises about a workstation-level computer next year are true--but I just don't know that they are. So, even though Apple seems very committed to iCloud content delivery, how do I know they actually are? Certainly not by their track record.

This is where Apple really needs to take a lesson from Microsoft. Look at this MS FAQ about Windows EOL:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/products/lifecycle

Reading it, I know that Windows 7 will be supported for another 8 years. Heck, I know that XP will be supported for another 2. If I don't like Windows 8, I have serious options to stay with 7. It is all laid out very succinctly so that I can be comfortable with my choices.

Apple still acts like it is a little pirate ship, but that is self-delsion that it needs to recover from. When a little guy acts like an upstart, we all think its cute, daring and fun. When an 800 pound Gorilla acts that way, people tend to run.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 19, 2012 at 9:05:15 pm

[Chris Harlan] "I love using the new AppleTV right now (I also have the Old version) but how long can I actually trust this cloud service? I'm losing my iDisk the week after next, which I have found very useful, and which a few scant years ago seemed to be part of a service that Apple was truly committed to for a very long haul. I built a career on the old FCP platform, and had to flip about with little notice; if you'd asked me a year-and-a half ago to predict that, I couldn't have. I THINK I might be able to continue on OS X if the vague, off-the-record promises about a workstation-level computer next year are true--but I just don't know that they are. So, even though Apple seems very committed to iCloud content delivery, how do I know they actually are?"

You don't. But is the EOL of FCS3 mean the end if iTunes? Not really.

Besides iDisk, iCloud is a decent replacement for the majority of people. They cut a few things that were useful to a few people, but with services like Dropbox et al, iDisk is goofy, and I always hated how slow it was. They also improved some things lirk photo sharing and video sharing. I could also see (and this is getting crazy) FCPX being able auto-backup to the Cloud and actually have be worth something in terms of collaboration.

Also, I hated the AppStore at first, despised it, actually. Now, I really really like it. It makes keeping multiple computers in sync app wise so much easier, and the single point of update is nice and streamlined.

For what it's worth, it might not look like what I thought the cloud would be, but Apple is giving the cloud a real honest go. When they get sick of it and move on to the next thing, who knows what happens, but until then, it's working and I like it. I am also lucky in that I live and work around fast internet, so the cloud is an advantage to me. This isn't true elsewhere in this country and the world.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jun 19, 2012 at 10:58:55 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "You don't. But is the EOL of FCS3 mean the end if iTunes? Not really.
"

I'm pretty sure I wasn't making that argument, Jeremy. And, cloud delivery to devices isn't iTunes. All I'm saying is that Apple has lost a healthy chunk of my trust.

[Jeremy Garchow] "For what it's worth, it might not look like what I thought the cloud would be, but Apple is giving the cloud a real honest go. When they get sick of it and move on to the next thing, who knows what happens, but until then, it's working and I like it. I am also lucky in that I live and work around fast internet, so the cloud is an advantage to me. This isn't true elsewhere in this country and the world."

Yeah, its working for me too right now. I actually like the newer AppleTV, and enjoy playing any and all of my purchases off of their servers. Its slick.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 19, 2012 at 11:07:15 pm

[Chris Harlan] "I'm pretty sure I wasn't making that argument, Jeremy. And, cloud delivery to devices isn't iTunes. All I'm saying is that Apple has lost a healthy chunk of my trust. "

Not directly, but not trusting Apple to deliver FCS4, and not trusting them to deliver your purchases via iCloud are two different problems, I think. Apple prides themselves on the iCloud integration, purchase on one device, download to any other. There were a few things lost in MobileMe, but the tradeoff wasn't as bad as FCS3 to FCPX. When I say iTunes, I am taking about the greater system of which iTunes seems to be the hub for now.

[Chris Harlan] "Yeah, its working for me too right now. I actually like the newer AppleTV, and enjoy playing any and all of my purchases off of their servers. Its slick."

It certainly is. I just wish v1 worked just like it and or the latest version had a hard drive that I could sync my non iTunes music/videos to so I don't have to keep a computer around.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jun 19, 2012 at 11:45:21 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "Apple prides themselves on the iCloud integration, purchase on one device, download to any other."

Certainly they do. At the moment, its their highest priority. But there have been other moments, and other priorities. And the switches between them have become increasingly mercurial.

[Jeremy Garchow] "I just wish v1 worked just like it and or the latest version had a hard drive that I could sync my non iTunes music/videos to so I don't have to keep a computer around.
"

Me too. I've got two of those puppies.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 19, 2012 at 9:08:27 pm

[Chris Harlan] "This is where Apple really needs to take a lesson from Microsoft. Look at this MS FAQ about Windows EOL:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/products/lifecycle

Reading it, I know that Windows 7 will be supported for another 8 years. Heck, I know that XP will be supported for another 2. If I don't like Windows 8, I have serious options to stay with 7. It is all laid out very succinctly so that I can be comfortable with my choices.

Apple still acts like it is a little pirate ship, but that is self-delsion that it needs to recover from. When a little guy acts like an upstart, we all think its cute, daring and fun. When an 800 pound Gorilla acts that way, people tend to run."

Oh, and about this, it doesn't matter to me. There's nothing that I need from OS 10.2 (just for example) that I can't do today with 10.7, in fact it's quite the opposite.

If I was a major corporation and 1000s of deployments, yes, the support would matter.

If you know that in 8 years Windows 7 is still going to matter to you, then it's important.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jun 19, 2012 at 11:15:17 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "Oh, and about this, it doesn't matter to me. There's nothing that I need from OS 10.2 (just for example) that I can't do today with 10.7, in fact it's quite the opposite.

If I was a major corporation and 1000s of deployments, yes, the support would matter.

If you know that in 8 years Windows 7 is still going to matter to you, then it's important.
"

I think you know that I was simply using this as an example of the stability Microsoft offers--you know, an example of a detailed road map--not as something that specifically effects you and your needs to maintain or not maintain the current version of OS X. And, unless Apple learns how to do some of that, it will eventually bite them in the arse.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 19, 2012 at 11:28:53 pm

[Chris Harlan] "I think you know that I was simply using this as an example of the stability Microsoft offers--you know, an example of a detailed road map--not as something that specifically effects you and your needs to maintain or not maintain the current version of OS X. And, unless Apple learns how to do some of that, it will eventually bite them in the arse."

I've had the conversation with Tim Wilson before about roadmaps.

It's great that there's an EIGHT year roadmap for Windows. Really.

Even if I was an all Windows shop, it would do nothing for me. 2020? Windows 7? I hope I even have a video career in 2020, let alone something I can raise a family on.

I am glad that it might make people feel more comfortable, but I have much bigger fish to fry today.

The other part of me would be wondering what the heel they are doing sitting around on Windows 7 for this long.

I don't know, the OS roadmaps really don't do much for me, personally. It doesn't make me feel any better or worse about Microsoft or Apple.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 20, 2012 at 1:30:59 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "
I've had the conversation with Tim Wilson before about roadmaps....Even if I was an all Windows shop, it would do nothing for me."

Sorry to keep the off-topic groove, but I don't think I've been accurately represented.

The thing is, I don't care about roadmaps. Not even a little. My feeling is that the manufacturer's obligation to you ends when the warranty runs out. Don't let iTunes hit you on the ass on your way out the door.

Not just Apple. Anyone. I pay 'em. They give me a product. Transaction complete, forever and ever, Amen.

My one and only point has been in response to people who say "nobody" offers roadmaps. The biggest software and hardware vendors in the world, who make products used by people at the COW every day DO release roadmaps.

The fact that it's typical, even expected, from other major companies (and it is, and it is) means nothing. Apple's not typical. They don't do what's expected. It's not fair to expect them to change the behavior that has gotten them here.

I'm pretty sure that this'll be the last time I talk abou it...unless I talk about it again. Not fair to expect me to change the behavior that's gotten me here.

Tim Wilson
Creative COW Magazine

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jun 20, 2012 at 1:54:08 am

[Tim Wilson] "I'm pretty sure that this'll be the last time I talk abou it...unless I talk about it again. Not fair to expect me to change the behavior that's gotten me here.
"

Yeah, but if we had a little bit more time for preparation, say a road map of some kind, it would be as jarring when it does happen.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 20, 2012 at 1:54:24 am

[Tim Wilson] "I'm pretty sure that this'll be the last time I talk abou it...unless I talk about it again. Not fair to expect me to change the behavior that's gotten me here."

;)

I didn't mean to misrepresent.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 20, 2012 at 7:32:57 am

I didn't mean to say that you personally misrepresented me, just that I don't want to be known as the guy who cares a whole lot about roadmaps. Me personally? Not the tiniest bit.

Even when I was running nothing but Macs, and running large general interest Mac user groups where we took time every week to mock everything about Windows and the clueless dolts who use it - even then, I trusted Apple not at all, based on personal experience going back to 1980.

To this day, no single computer has had the market share of my beloved Apple II. The System 6/7 transition remains the hallmark of miserable computing experiences.

Among the Apple products I personally owned that were killed, in some cases before they could be repaired or replaced by Apple with even working refurbs or something: several of my printers, a scanner, the 17AV monitor that was never grounded right, and the QuickTake camera. (Raise your hand if you owned one of THOSE bad boys. Version 1 built by Kodak as their first foray into digital photography.) I didn't own a Newton, but I know people who did. So over $20,000 I personally spent on gear left without support or repair options.

Man, i keep thinking of more. Claris Works. AppleWorks. Did you buy Apple hard drives? I did,.including the ProDrive, which was 5 MEGABYTES for $3499. The Pippin game platform, developed with Bandai!!! Once again, raise your hand if you owned one!

9 to X? Nuff said.

Removing slots while killing compatibility with expansion chassis (thankfully temporarily on the latter).

Remember when almost nobody in the development community was ready for an OS and architecture that was so new you had to run some software under emulation not that many years ago? Apple not working with its partners boded ill...except oh yeah, they'd already killed a bunch of IO vendors, and that's not even counting the clones...

...none of which was a deal breaker, because I'd rarely gone more than a year or two without Apple "innovating" some critical part of my workflow. I was used to it, and assumed it was never going to stop.

THERE'S your roadmap.

I'm not being anti-Apple. I'm just saying that if your 5yr business plan didn't include Apple “innovating “ you or one of your favorite vendors, I assume it does now.

And still, I don't think any of this reflects poorly on Apple. They're very good at offering fair value at buying time, and their stuff mostly lasts a long time. There's nothing else you can ask for. Well, you obviously can, but....

...back to my original point. Their obligation to you ends when the warranty runs out. No matter how badly you want or need Apple in your future, Apple doesn't feel the same about you.

And again, I have no problem with this.

It's not the same as a roadmap, but for navigation purposes, you now officially have more than two points that you can use for triangulation.

And to get perilously close to back on topic, for all we know now, Surface is the next Newton.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Jun 19, 2012 at 5:56:43 pm

[Steve Connor] "Agreed, but let's see what the hobbyist AppleTV evolves into."

Speaking of hobbyists, I've been curious about Apple TV since about 2010. Is it hardware only, or can you run just the software with an approved tuner/capture card? I've been toying with the idea of building a small media center PC for years... but have never gotten around to it.

Shawn

Return to posts index

John Godwin
on Jun 19, 2012 at 12:20:54 pm

The iPad's got two cameras, so that's not an advantage for Surface. The keyboard cover does look interesting, though I have to say I've gotten pretty used to the virtual keyboard, after using the Zagg keyboard for a while and finding it more trouble than it's worth. But if I need to write anything more than a few paragraphs (not very often) a find a real keyboard more practical.

It does strike me that the iPad is pretty specific and the Surface is trying to be all things to all people. And I still think in five years or less we'll be easily editing on tablets, hence the design of FCPX.

Best,
John

Return to posts index

Phil Hoppes
on Jun 19, 2012 at 11:53:42 am

While I do wish it success as nothing helps all users overall as good competition, what you see here is a very classic difference in how the two companies approach a problem.

Apple looks at new products and markets and asks the question how best to serve that market or create a new one? What would the device look like? What services are needed?

Microsoft looks at the very same thing and ALWAYS goes to, "How can we make windows solve this problem?" Not what do consumers need, not what is the best solution to the problem but how can we shoehorn in windows as a solution to another market. To Microsoft the world is just nails that need a Windows hammer. IMHO this is not innovation and a large reason why Microsoft has just languished for the last 10 or so years.

...... and to the kickstand .... well for me I got a fever and the only way to fix that is with more Cowbell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0uvVZg4Tw4)

Return to posts index

Mark Wilson
on Jun 19, 2012 at 3:36:50 pm

By the time Surface Pro hits the market, the IPad X will be introduced running Mountain Lion, with USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt.

Just wishful thinking!!!

Return to posts index

Davee Schulte
on Jun 21, 2012 at 7:22:06 am

Nah. Steve Jobs would turn over in his grave if Cook allowed the Ipad to become a mini-laptop like the surface. His whole vision was for the Ipad to be a completely new product and a completely different market. Ipad has redefined so much of how people work and consume media. I hope Apple sticks with their original vision. The day the Ipad has a kickstand, sell your Apple stock immediately.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jun 19, 2012 at 4:27:00 pm

[Phil Hoppes] "Microsoft looks at the very same thing and ALWAYS goes to, "How can we make windows solve this problem?" Not what do consumers need, not what is the best solution to the problem but how can we shoehorn in windows as a solution to another market. To Microsoft the world is just nails that need a Windows hammer. IMHO this is not innovation and a large reason why Microsoft has just languished for the last 10 or so years."

I don't know. It strikes me that Xbox and XBox 360, as well as the whole XBox home networking system readily challenge that assumption.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Jun 19, 2012 at 5:05:30 pm

[Phil Hoppes] "Microsoft looks at the very same thing and ALWAYS goes to, "How can we make windows solve this problem?" Not what do consumers need, not what is the best solution to the problem but how can we shoehorn in windows as a solution to another market."

Respectfully, Phil. I coudln't disagree with you more on this. Do a quick search for "Microsoft Solutions for"... or try doing a search on "Microsoft Kinect and healthcare". You might find that there's a bit more to them (MS) than you might have imagined.

[Phil Hoppes] " IMHO this is not innovation and a large reason why Microsoft has just languished for the last 10 or so years."

Something you may (or may not)find of interest:

http://www.fogglaw.com/news/our-clients-top-ieee-scorecard-best-patent-port...

You'll have to click through to download and see the PDF, but you might note that Microsft holds the most valuable patent portfolio in the computer software space (followed by Oracle and SAP), whereas Apple holds the most valuable portfolio in the electronics space followed by Hitachi and Panasonic. Microsoft can be accused of a lot of things, but languishing or standing still just don't seem to fit... at least not to me, you may see something completely different though.

Thanks,

Shawn

Return to posts index

Phil Hoppes
on Jun 19, 2012 at 6:03:14 pm

That Microsoft has very talented people I do not doubt. That they have come up with some good products, Kinect in particular is probably the most innovative to date. Xbox has been a disaster financially. For the money invested and the return they have received, I'd have to run the numbers if I could even get them but they probably would have done better buying CD's. (Cert. Deposit not the things one plays). Overall as a company their real performance over the past 10 years has been poor at best. I just checked and in 2004 they were trading around 28. Today they are up to 31. Wow.

That they have made some innovative products. Sure. Do they have the guts to risk something that just might compete or dare I say obsolete windows. Nope. History shows us the business cemetery is full of companies that once successful could not figure out that to succeed over the long haul they have to eat their own. DEC and DG come to mind.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jun 19, 2012 at 7:05:43 pm

[Phil Hoppes] "Do they have the guts to risk something that just might compete or dare I say obsolete windows. Nope. History shows us the business cemetery is full of companies that once successful could not figure out that to succeed over the long haul they have to eat their own. DEC and DG come to mind."

On the flip side, Microsoft offers something that Apple, for example, does not -- platform stability.

If you doubt the business value of this, just look around this forum. We're still discussing Apple's sudden self-disruption from last year.

Disruptive innovation grabs all the headlines, but consistency and stability is highly valuable for both third-party partners (developers) and end users (us).

For every company you list that has failed due to disruption, there is another that has succeeded through continuous improvement. I try to avoid car analogies (the wheels always fall off) -- but consider the Henry Ford faster-horse quote that comes up every so often here. The Model T was introduced back in 1908, and continuous improvement moreso than disruptive innovation has kept Ford in the personal transportation game for over 100 years. Not a bad run.

As an aside, I'd argue that Microsoft is actually pretty good about changing course sharply. The Mac didn't kill Microsoft in 1984. The Internet didn't kill Microsoft in 1998. Mobility is today's challenge, but Metro is actually a pretty good platform to try to compete with.

For a company that started out writing a BASIC interpreter, they've also branched out into operating systems, office suites, server products, groupware, mobility, entertainment, enterprise solutions, and cloud computing (and apparently iCloud actually runs in part on Microsoft Azure).

Apple crafts brilliant user experiences, no doubt -- but their current market valuation is built largely on their new-found dominance in the very fickle consumer electronics and mobility markets. I think iCloud is attempt to build lock-in to make the position they enjoy today a bit more sustainable, but for the moment, it's possible that Apple is just the flavor of the month. No matter what they do, they are just as prone to outside disruption as any other firm.

Microsoft is not flashy like Apple is, but given their track record, I think it's a mistake to count them out of any market.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 19, 2012 at 8:31:56 pm

[Phil Hoppes] "Xbox has been a disaster financially. "

If Apple had that opportunity, there's no question they would have monitized it better.

No to mention, when the first XBOX 360 came out, it was a damn powerful computer for the time, and at $299 they were losing money on each sale.

The Xbox 360, if it had an infrastructure behind it as well as a much better designed interface (until recently, it truly was a mess, and even now it's not the best). I think what Microsoft may not have realized is that they were selling to "kids" but those kids will grow up to play video games, buy movies, and appreciate a digital lifestyle.

They should have thought about the longer haul on that one.

They tried, they tried to connect the Zune with the Xbox, but the "eco system" simply wasn't there like it is with Apple.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Jun 19, 2012 at 9:48:29 pm

I think MS definitely saw the long haul w/the 360 which is why the ancient device (in console years) seemingly gets more and more useful. MS has been trying to be the computer presence in the living room since the '90s and I think the 360 is succeeding as their trojan horse. If MS could make their products 'sexy' like Apple it would be a whole different ballgame, IMO. Apple releases limiting products but people still buy them en masse because of the industrial design, marketing and typical easy of use.

If anyone didn't aim long term it was Nintendo which is why they are releasing a new console this year.

There already exists a fair amount of interconnectivity between MS devices/services but MS typically does a poor job showcasing those things to the public. For example, getting my 360 to stream media from the other devices sitting on my home WiFi (Windows, Macs and home NAS) is a piece of cake. The 360 will automatically see the media on the Windows machine and NAS though my Macs need an easy to use freeware program to interact w/the 360 (thanks Apple). Take a look at the last few E3s and you'll see a lot of MS announcements that certainly aren't aimed at the 13yr-old gamer.

Sure, the Xboxes themselves were sold as loss leaders for a while but that's the norm for video game consoles. IIRC, Nintendo's Wii was the first video game console to not be sold at a loss upon launch. The Xbox unit would certainly be in a better place if they didn't lose over $1billion from the Red Ring of Death, but the Entertainment Unit as a whole (which the Xbox is a part of) is doing well for MS.

*If* this new tablet isn't a flop and *if* MS can get something going in the smartphone area I think MS can leverage the 360 as base to wedge itself back into the tablet and smartphone areas (not to mention how promising SmartGlass looks). Apple and Google are both struggling to get into the living room and in the living room is where MS has a lot of traction right now.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 19, 2012 at 11:34:23 pm

[Andrew Kimery] "If MS could make their products 'sexy' like Apple it would be a whole different ballgame, IMO. Apple releases limiting products but people still buy them en masse because of the industrial design, marketing and typical easy of use. "

I still have the RedRing Xbox, and it's loud. Really loud. I want something more quiet if it's going to be on and playing my digital stuffs.

Also, the Microsoft Point system on Xbox is ridiculous. Seriously, it's like buying tokens where the tokens don't match any sort of monetary system, and the "volume" bonus system is all screwed up. I guess they do this for the kids, but why can't the kids just have to ask mom and dad for a purchase?

I've had three Xbox 360s brick on me. Two of them were under warranty, then on the third when it was out of warranty, I called and asked about it and they sent me a new one for $99. Not bad considering it was $350 or whatever it was before the price drop.

[Andrew Kimery] "If anyone didn't aim long term it was Nintendo which is why they are releasing a new console this year."

Except at the time of the Wii, it had eclipsed the XBox 360 in sales (I have no idea about revenue). Quality wise, it was dead when it hit the market, at least for the HD US market.

It didn't stop it from being super popular and also available on the shelf when other consoles were not.

Return to posts index

Andrew Kimery
on Jun 20, 2012 at 12:47:22 am

I've got a 'jasper' 360 which draws less power, runs cooler (and thus quieter) than older 360s and it's pretty quite. Certainly not noticeable while watching something or playing a game and barely noticeable when the room is quiet. I think jasper was the last hardware revision before the new 360 'slim' models came out and those run even quieter.

Yes the Wii raced out to a big lead but has since crashed (which is why I said that of the three Nintendo seemed the least focused on 5-10yrs down the road). Nintendo recently posted its first annual loss in 30yrs in part because of rapidly declining interest in the Wii. The apparent lesson learned is that although casual gamers out number hardcore gamers, hardcore gamers but more games (a lot more games). The Wii U is basically the Nintendo console that the core audience has been wanting for the past 5 years. I wonder if it's too little too late though as Wii U seems poised to merely catch up to the 360 and PS3 while the next gen of those consoles will be coming out in a couple of years.

Nintendo also needs to get on the online gaming and home media center bandwagons. The Gamecube and Wii both lagged way behind MS and Sony in this regard and it's another reason the Wii aged much faster than the PS3 and 360. Not to mention Nintendo needs to reevaluate its portable line as smart phones / tablets are posing a threat unlike Nintendo has seen before in this area. Core gamers will still pick a 3DS but casual gamers, who now have more of a choice than ever for portable gaming, will be abounding their handheld consoles in droves.

Getting back to MS.. yes the token system is annoying but I don't think they do it for the kids. I think they do it the same reason that the games at places like Dave and Buster's work on a token/credit system as well. They hope that by taking the dollar amount directly out of the equation that you'll be more likely to spend more money.

MS has been trying to leverage the 360 as a home theater and IPTV device for years and it seems like now the rest of the pieces (particularly online streaming) are falling into place for that to happen. Toss the Kincet in there to give you a controller free way to interact with the device and the oldest of the three consoles seems to sitting in the best position.

If any of the three really dropped the ball it has to be Sony. They went from hero to zero and very publicly commented on how they had a 10yr plan for the PS3. They bet heavily on Blu-ray (hoping to mirror the success that DVD playback had for the PS2) and had to take too big of a loss on hardware sales to reach a competitive price point. Even after they took out features to reduce manufacturing costs it was nearly enough to stop the cash hemorrhage.

I have, or have had, iOS, WebOS and Android devices and I'm looking forward to seeing what SmartGlass and Windows 8 has to offer. I hope SmartGlass works as advertised because I'd much rather own a 360 and use whatever mobile OS I want with it as opposed to getting locked in to all iOS, all Windows or all Android devices.

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Jun 19, 2012 at 9:53:19 pm

[Phil Hoppes] " Xbox has been a disaster financially. For the money invested and the return they have received, I'd have to run the numbers if I could even get them but they probably would have done better buying CD's. (Cert. Deposit not the things one plays)."

So, what was the return in raw numbers... can you show me how much they've lost? I can't pretend to be an expert here. But it seems like having a solid 'lifestyle product' with a good reputation can't be much of a detriment to the company. Not to mention the fact that they now have strong partners in entertainment like Netflix and HBO.

[Phil Hoppes] " I just checked and in 2004 they were trading around 28. Today they are up to 31. Wow."

I suppose that's one way to measure the value of a company. What the stock price isn't telling you though, is that Microsoft has expanded in the last decade. In the early 2000's they had around 50,000 employees and were still considered a small player in enterprise computing. Now, they're somwhere around 100,000 employees worldwide and are considered serious players in some segments, and leaders in others.

[Phil Hoppes] "Do they have the guts to risk something that just might compete or dare I say obsolete windows. Nope"

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning here. On one hand, you seem to acknowledge that MS does innovate and that they do have a few good products... on the other hand, you seem to think that they don't have the guts to risk destryoing Windows... how does one relate to the other?

Shawn

Return to posts index

TImothy Auld
on Jun 19, 2012 at 7:15:50 pm

Looked at the specs and wanted to buy one. Looked at the video and I just wanted it to stop. (but that didn't really change my mind about wanting to but one.)

Tim

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Jun 19, 2012 at 7:30:50 pm

I definitely want the Pro version - since it runs the full version of Windows 8 and has a keyboard I will be able to use it to write - something that is a painful experience on the iPad. I bought the 64GB iPad3 and while I loved the retina display the 5 or 6 screenwriting apps that are available are all terrible. Sadly I took it back and got a Toshiba Ultrabook and loaded up Final Draft 8. Now I'll get the best features of an unltrabook and a tablet powered by an i5 CPU! This means I could load up Sony Vegas or Premiere Pro and even do some editing!

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jun 19, 2012 at 7:36:43 pm

[Lance Bachelder] "I will be able to use it to write - something that is a painful experience on the iPad"

Agreed. As clever as it is to be able to type on glass, I don't really like it.

[Lance Bachelder] "Now I'll get the best features of an unltrabook and a tablet powered by an i5 CPU! This means I could load up Sony Vegas or Premiere Pro and even do some editing!
"

Yup! I'm hoping the USB 3 slot will be fully operable, and that the display port out will host a 2nd screen. If Premiere will work, cool--but it also might provide a useful niche for Prelude.

Return to posts index

Lance Bachelder
on Jun 19, 2012 at 8:44:51 pm

Well I was willing to get a 3rd party keyboard for the iPad for writing but it's the apps that are bad, not the iPad. This is the disadvantage of iOS vs. OSX - Final Draft for instance has no version for iOS - but they have Windows and OSX versions which means the Surface Pro will be the first real usable tablet for writers! Oh and Editors :)

Lance Bachelder
Writer, Editor, Director
Irvine, California

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jun 19, 2012 at 11:53:56 pm

[Lance Bachelder] "Well I was willing to get a 3rd party keyboard for the iPad for writing but it's the apps that are bad, not the iPad. This is the disadvantage of iOS vs. OSX - Final Draft for instance has no version for iOS - but they have Windows and OSX versions which means the Surface Pro will be the first real usable tablet for writers! Oh and Editors :)
"

I with you on that. I've got the Bluetooth keyboard. And, I like my iPad. What I don't have is the Microsoft phobia that seems to inhabit this part of the world. I just think that tablet looks cool, and if its priced right, if it runs the right programs, if it will access a RAID over USB 3--then, I probably want one.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jun 19, 2012 at 9:27:02 pm

[Chris Harlan] "[Lance Bachelder] "I will be able to use it to write - something that is a painful experience on the iPad"

Agreed. As clever as it is to be able to type on glass, I don't really like it."

Nobody who writes a lot via a keyboard probably wants to give up the full-sized tool if they can avoid it.

I just find that the freedom not to be stuck at my desk means it's useful to add on a set of "peripheral writing options" to my desktop. Particularly since I'm constantly trying to find ways to generate less paper in my life.

I like having my iPad for quick notes. I have an Apple Bluetooth keyboard if I need to do longer work on the iPad than the virtual keyboard makes comfortable. And it works with my phone in a crisis as well.

The key enabling technology for me is MyWritingSpot in the cloud. One place to centralize my written content and sync it across all my platforms. I can write a script at my desk which syncs across all my devices - move it out of MWS into Dropbox when it's complete. And it pops onto my iPad for the session in my VO booth.

I understand the lure of Final Draft - but I don't do Hollywood style screenplays - it's simply not my niche. I mostly produce from 2-column AV format scripts - and all of those are born as straight text "brain dumps" into MWS.

I suppose you could say that modern content management advances have moved me toward tools that enable me to leverage work anywhere - not just work at my desk - which I'm really enjoying.

YMMV.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jun 19, 2012 at 7:31:53 pm

[TImothy Auld] "Looked at the specs and wanted to buy one. Looked at the video and I just wanted it to stop. (but that didn't really change my mind about wanting to but one.)"

LOL. I had pretty much the same reaction.

Return to posts index

Davee Schulte
on Jun 21, 2012 at 7:25:51 am

Did anyone notice the guy had to switch his tablet with another one because it wasn't working? Also, is it just me or was that most boring keynote ever.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: Microsoft Surface & Windows Phone 8
on Jun 21, 2012 at 11:16:58 am

So they also announced Windows Phone 8, which won't actually run on any existing Windows Phones, that really is a dumb move, they were just gaining some traction in the market as well.

Steve Connor
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]