FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where is the best place to follow the supermeet reveal in real time?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
Where is the best place to follow the supermeet reveal in real time?
on Apr 12, 2011 at 3:27:48 am

Will somebody be relaying and reposting the info from the event in real time to this forum or something? I don't have Twitter.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Where is the best place to follow the supermeet reveal in real time?
on Apr 12, 2011 at 3:33:26 am

Jeeze Mark, if you don't have Twitter that automatically qualifies you as one of the few who don't qualify for the live feed. You didn't get that memo?

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 12, 2011 at 4:06:05 am

I was just kidding Mark... I was under the impression that there was no live feed, but if you find anything out I hope you'll share.

BTW, I can't go because I have a bad cold, so I'm in the same boat as you, even though I do have a Twitter account.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
Los Angeles

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 12, 2011 at 4:20:07 am

Until someone posts a better idea/location/forum, let's agree to pool the news and any links here in this thread as we get it, so it will all be in one place.

Return to posts index

Dennis Leppell
on Apr 12, 2011 at 4:58:57 am

[David Roth Weiss] "Jeeze Mark, if you don't have Twitter that automatically qualifies you as one of the few who don't qualify for the live feed. You didn't get that memo?"

I didn't get the memo either....but I heard that it only went out as a tweet.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 12, 2011 at 4:21:24 am

You think Biscardi or Ross WON'T post stuff?

Now if you want it absolutely realtime, jump on a plane for Vegas. I understand there are scalpers for this particular Supermeet.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 12, 2011 at 4:57:21 am

Get Twitter. Just going to twitter.com gets you there Follow @walterbiscardi.

Without Twitter, no live feed.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Don Walker
on Apr 12, 2011 at 5:36:29 am

Maybe somebody could find a way to stream a "Face Time" call, without the "Reality Distortion Field Security Squad" finding out about it!

don walker
texarkana, texas

John 3:16

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 12, 2011 at 5:41:54 am

I guess I'm asking for some kind soul to copy and re-post some select tweets to this page as they come up, for those of us who have twitter banned at work.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 12, 2011 at 5:55:22 am

[Mark Suszko] "I guess I'm asking for some kind soul to copy and re-post some select tweets to this page as they come up, for those of us who have twitter banned at work."

All we really need to know is, is it really "awesome?"

A simple yes or no will tell the tale. I don't think there's going to be much in the way of gray area.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
on Apr 12, 2011 at 12:50:28 pm

[David Roth Weiss] "All we really need to know is, is it really "awesome?""

Hey David!

well yeah, and perhaps more importantly , "awesome" to whom? if it's awesome to steve jobs and 10,000,000 ipad users, I will be sickened. I have a horrid feeling this is going to be a giant dumbing down and glossing up rather than a massive ("awesome") reworking of existing and addition of high-end features.

By 8pm pacific time tonight I guess we will all know...

How'r you anyway old sport?

Mark.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 12, 2011 at 5:08:05 pm

[Mark Palmos] ""awesome" to whom?"

Therein lies the big question Mark.

It's been said by some who know more than us that Apple has no interest in pleasing professional editors, which is a club of which we are both members. So, it is no wonder that you and I, and others who ascribe to that group, should be concerned that we are in jeopardy of being displeased by the forthcoming news.

If our worst fears are realized, it would certainly not be the first time a large corporation changed direction without notice and forced us, against our will, to completely shift gears in midstream. However, given that these are bad economic times throughout the world, it makes change that much more frightening. And, as I said to David Cherniack, even if Steve Jobs is right about the future, I'm personally living in the present at this very moment, and concerned enough as it is.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Bob Flood
on Apr 12, 2011 at 5:25:10 pm

MARKUS! figgers it would take an announcement like this, whether pro or con, to bring you out! hows stateside? everything cor and skittles over there across the pond?

AFA FCS4 / FCP8 goes, i think this:
it will NOT be a lot different than what we are used to. some of the established tools and such will be retained, some of the stuff that kinda works will work better like nesting and share, and there will be some stuff i cant even speculate on. oh yeah, and no matter what, you will HAVE to buy a new machine to use it!

call it heresy but i am a realist

"I like video because its so fast!"

Bob Flood
Greer & Associates, Inc.

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
on Apr 12, 2011 at 5:58:09 pm

Hey bob and david,

yeah, we do have a bit of a common track record wrt the NLE system we are using suddenly changing or EOLing... but i do hope some of the "jaw dropping awesomeness" is more than just the usual Steve Jobs salesman crap.

for me Id like some massive improvements to Motion and integration with FCP, and a complete rewrite of the internal keyframe editor which is far and away the worst in the industry. Then it would be great to not have to render AUDIO (good grief) before playing back, and to allow background rendering. If they have all that and have 1000 useless-to-me features for ipad users, I will still be happy...

Bobarama, life in the UK is alright at the moment, im pretty settled here, work is alright, been reinventing things quite a bit, but fine.

How things with you guys?

Catchyaal later, and certainly in the next few hours (though i will probably be asleep while you guys get the scoop...)

xMark.

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 12, 2011 at 5:57:14 am

[Mark Suszko] "I guess I'm asking for some kind soul to copy and re-post some select tweets to this page as they come up, for those of us who have twitter banned at work."

Dont worry Mark... I shall keep you updated on this thread. But i m not in vegas, i am on twitter!

2.66 GHz 8-core, ATI Radeon HD 4870,
FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

kim krause
on Apr 12, 2011 at 5:57:34 am

you could always forget about it and just get to work. then at the end of the day sit down and read any of the blogs or even appleinsider for a complete review...why do people always have to know whats going on as it's happening...really, a few hours later won't make any difference in your life and you won't be able to buy it until after its announced anyway so what's the big deal. in fact go to bed tonite and read about it tomoro after all the hype is died down!

Return to posts index

Jason Porthouse
on Apr 12, 2011 at 7:33:06 am

This is gonna be like the digital equivalent of choosing a new Pope. Across the world, people will be waiting with baited breath for that tweet equivalent of white smoke....

Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
Then when you do criticise him, you'll be a mile away. And have his shoes.

*the artist formally known as Jaymags*

Return to posts index

David Cherniack
on Apr 12, 2011 at 11:57:26 am

`This is gonna be like the digital equivalent of choosing a new Pope. Across the world, people will be waiting with baited breath for that tweet equivalent of white smoke....`

A jaw-droppingly appropriate observation....The One True Church of this epoch.

I predict:

There will be smoke and there will be mirrors.

There will be cheering and there will be tears.

The world may shake but it will still be there tomorrow,

To help put things in perspective.

To all my FCP friends, may all your dreams come true. Enjoy.

David
AllinOneFilms.com

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 12, 2011 at 12:27:07 pm

Thank you for your blessing Cardinal Cherniack. We lemmings need all the help we can get as we approach the looming cliffs before us.

David

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

David Cherniack
on Apr 12, 2011 at 1:25:38 pm

@DRW You're up rather early. Must be jitters....either that or BPH. But for either malady there are remedies...a good warm cup of milk dosed with your favorite granny liqueur, or Proscar(TM). But given the early hour right now on the Left Coast, how will you manage to stay up past 9pm to read all the twits...er, tweets? I suggest a nice little nap after your 4pm tea and muffins.

Seriously, I think the rest of us will be watching with fascination to see what the Cupertino boys have dreamed up...For myself, I really do hope it`s something completely original and brilliant and not just hype served with, and to, adoration. It seems clear they're trying to chart a new course for the future. But we`ll see. One thing I will take bets on...there`ll be a iPad in there somewhere.

David
AllinOneFilms.com

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 12, 2011 at 4:51:48 pm

[David Cherniack] "@DRW You're up rather early. Must be jitters..."

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned. Mr. Jobs may think he knows what's best for everyone in the future, but I make my living in the present.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

David Cherniack
on Apr 12, 2011 at 5:11:29 pm

Well I'll be torn between watching, with facination, ONFLD (Our Next Fearless Leader Debate - an election is underway in Canada) and tuning in to tweetdom to find out Apple`s vision of the BNWWWCAMPOD (Brave New World Where We Control All Muti-media Post-production & Online Distribution). Either way it should be an interesting evening. And who knows, it may actually be enlightening....with a small 'e '.

David
AllinOneFilms.com

Return to posts index

Matt Callac
on Apr 12, 2011 at 3:17:52 pm

[kim krause] "why do people always have to know whats going on as it's happening...really, a few hours later won't make any difference in your life"

Kim, don't you realize, that if we're the first to know about it...we can be the first to complain about it. Isn't that what the internet is for? Complaining about stuff.

-mattyc

Return to posts index

kim krause
on Apr 12, 2011 at 8:46:34 pm

well i live in south africa and over here it's nearly bedtime so i guess i won't know anything until tomoro morning my time.....i'm sure not getting up at 4 a.m. just to see what all the fuss is about. i'll first make myself a nice cup of coffee then plop my ass down in the chair to read all the hype and horror. or maybe i'll just go off to class and then read about it when i get later in the day. either way i'm sure the world won't end by me not being in the loop.
looking forward to all the cray bitching that will go on before anyone even gets their hands on a copy...which will be when?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 12, 2011 at 9:04:38 pm

[kim krause] "well i live in south africa and over here it's nearly bedtime so i guess i won't know anything until tomoro morning my time...."

So long as the lions and hyenas leave you alone overnight you should be safe for a while. But, you won't really sleep well Kim, because you have visions in your dreams tonight of six year old kids using FCP tomorrow to tell their stories in 4K from their iPhones.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
on Apr 12, 2011 at 1:05:22 pm

Hello guys, pixelcorps
Say they are streaming it tonight:

Hey folks, we're at NAB! And we will be streaming live! http://supermeet.com/postpit/

and
http://www.pixelcorps.com/live/

Return to posts index

Don Walker
on Apr 12, 2011 at 6:49:46 pm

Mark,
There appears to be nothing on either link that indicates that Pixelcorps or anybody else will be streaming tonight's spectacle. Apple could probably run this as a pay per view event, and make a killing off of it!

don walker
texarkana, texas

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 12, 2011 at 11:40:39 pm

Ok. It seems the phone signals are jammed there. I have not seen even a single tweet from any of the folks there in last half an hour.

I guess we will have to wait for couple of hours before somebody would want to get out of the presentation, come out & tweet.

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

"The creative person wants to be a know-it-all. He wants to know about all kinds of things: ancient history, nineteenth-century mathematics, current manufacturing techniques, flower arranging, and hog futures. Because he never knows when these ideas might come together to form a new idea. It may happen six minutes later or six months, or six years down the road. But he has faith that it will happen." -- Carl Ally

Return to posts index

Sean Kapleton
on Apr 12, 2011 at 11:50:01 pm

follow @fcpsupermeet

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 13, 2011 at 12:39:32 am

For those people who r not on twitter.

Stage show is supposed to be starting at 7:00 PST. So any major annoucements will only come after 7.

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

Charlie Kosheff
on Apr 13, 2011 at 12:47:10 am

All I have seen so far is some people walking around or standing around eating and drinking. The suspense is KILLING me!

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 13, 2011 at 12:59:31 am

[Charlie Kosheff] "The suspense is KILLING me!"

To keep myself busy i am downloading the trial version of 'Smoke. That should keep me busy for an hour atleast... lol

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
on Apr 13, 2011 at 1:28:46 am

I'm here at the Supermeet. I'll post what I can.

First, I just saw Walter Biscardi walk by. How do I know it was him? Maybe it was the shirt.

moody glasgow
smoke/flame

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
on Apr 13, 2011 at 1:33:11 am

They are letting us in for the presentation now.

moody glasgow
smoke/flame

Return to posts index

Chris Babbitt
on Apr 13, 2011 at 1:42:45 am

Updates also at MacRumors.com

Return to posts index

Don Walker
on Apr 13, 2011 at 1:49:09 am

Should I go get Popcorn?

don walker
texarkana, texas

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 13, 2011 at 1:51:25 am

Absolutely! You don't have them yet?

oh wait a minute i too got to make some coffee

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 13, 2011 at 1:52:57 am

Folks!

3D is here!!!

They have distributed 3D glasses for the attendees.

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 13, 2011 at 1:59:21 am

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:00:31 am

Presentation is about to start. Apple logo just came up on the big screen to big cheers.

moody glasgow
smoke/flame

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:06:24 am

Presentation started. It is the new FCP. Blah blah blah. History of supermeet. History of fcp.

moody glasgow
smoke/flame

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:09:02 am

2 million users. Fcp owns the market.

Pete Steiner introduced.

Final cut pro X is the name. 64 bit.

moody glasgow
smoke/flame

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:14:46 am

New interface. Gets lots of oohs and aaahs.

Color sync.

Resolution independent playback system.

GCD. Grand central dispatch. Leverage all the cores and the gpu. Background rendering. Big cheer in that one

moody glasgow
smoke/flame

Return to posts index

moody glasgow
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:20:08 am

Media detection. Helps organize shots fir you.

People to detection

Shot detection.

Color balance. Hmmmm

Audio cleanup. Checks and fixes noise.

moody glasgow
smoke/flame

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:10:40 am

FINAL CUT X

64bit application

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:15:24 am

This is what the interface lloks like.

Built from scratch

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:16:49 am

Hurray!!!!

Render dialog is gone. Background Rendering!!!

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:16:54 am

Return to posts index

Dan Johnson
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:19:51 am

When can we purchase it? I don't see it up on Apple's web site.

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:21:30 am

[Dan Johnson] "When can we purchase it? I don't see it up on Apple's web site."

This bit will be the last part of the presentation.

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Apr 14, 2011 at 10:25:33 pm

[Dan Johnson] "When can we purchase it? I don't see it up on Apple's web site."

You mean Final Cut Pro X, coming out in June?

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:21:40 am

You can edit while ingesting media from the cards. Optical stablisation, detects close up, auto color correction. Great!!!

Come on now, where is the jaw dropper???

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

Eric Jurgenson
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:26:24 am

Not a lot of detail in tghat picture, but interface looks like the bastard child of an illicet marrige between Avid and Adobe.

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:28:31 am

Compound clips. Collapse a group of clips into one.

Basically nesting.

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:29:54 am

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:33:59 am

The interface is a bit like Color. Bodes well

Return to posts index

Alexander Higgins
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:35:34 am

stabilization, audio and shutter correction, shot detection and preliminary color balancing automatically applied during ingest

Anything Automatic sounds like a nightmare!!! Hopefully it will be able to be disabled.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:36:23 am

[Alexander Higgins] "Anything Automatic sounds like a nightmare!!! Hopefully it will be able to be disabled."

And non destructive

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:36:05 am

Demo Starting now/

I maybe speaking too soon but if this is all there is to FCP X then i am extremely disappointed.

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

shawn bockoven
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:37:25 am

http://twitpic.com/photos/robimbs

One of three bald guys.

Return to posts index

Cody Walters
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:39:44 am

Any hint that compressor and color are incorporated into an all-in-one program?

Mac Pro 2.26GHz 8 Core
16 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
Final Cut Studio 3
Adobe CS5 Master Suite
Panasonic HVX-200
Canon 7D

http://www.codywaltersvideo.com

Return to posts index

Miodrag Ristic
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:55:19 am

Color? That's for professionals mate, has nothing to do with Final cut (any more) :)

Why'd you need Color, when it's Color Corrected (or Balanced) on ingestion :)

Return to posts index

Alexander Higgins
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:39:06 am

I maybe speaking too soon but if this is all there is to FCP X then i am extremely disappointed.

I'm calling LAME DUCK. Sounds like a ProSumer Gimmick So far.

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:41:17 am

[Alexander Higgins] "Sounds like a ProSumer Gimmick So far."

Absolutely! This one is going to be a tough one for apple to pull off from here on.

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:49:54 am

[Sohrab Sandhu] "[Alexander Higgins] "Sounds like a ProSumer Gimmick So far."

Absolutely! This one is going to be a tough one for apple to pull off from here on."

Tough crowd. So 64 bit, background rendering, built in Pluraleyes syncing software, sub frame audio scrubbing doesn't impress?

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:54:19 am

[Michael Gissing] "Tough crowd. So 64 bit, background rendering, built in Pluraleyes syncing software, sub frame audio scrubbing doesn't impress?"

It does. But what abt competition like AVID which is already doing some of this stuff.

IMHO Apple needs to do a little more than others to come out of this 'rut' it is in for keeping silent for 2 years.

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

Miodrag Ristic
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:00:01 am

They are just catching up, so we stop winging,
so we don't jump the boat.

Last time they introduced "Blu-Ray supprt" with Share (doesn't matter it doesn't work).

Just stop gap attitude!

They left innovation to others (with pro applications).

We've got iPad and iPhone (and cash), so who cares.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:55:00 am

No transcoding! Anyone else feeling good

Return to posts index

Alexander Higgins
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:56:02 am

[Michael Gissing] Tough crowd. So 64 bit, background rendering, built in Pluraleyes syncing software, sub frame audio scrubbing doesn't impress?

Making updates to a program isn't a need for praise. If an OS is 64bit so should it apps.. Don't give me a medal for putting gas in my car so I get home. Most of the innovations so far are PLUGINS not some fundamental change for an editor. I can do without everything I have seen so far. All the stuff they are going ape sh*t over are all about their nesting features. Cool, but kinda who cares.

Return to posts index

Miodrag Ristic
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:39:24 am

I can live with that monster, it was iMovie Frankenstein I was afraid of :)

Return to posts index

Eric Jurgenson
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:53:55 am

I don't see any track header on the interface. I wonder how you select tracks, mute, solo, label, etc.

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:56:23 am

Ok this is calls for a big applause

"No interruption for rendering. No transcoding, EVERYTHING native. (incl DSLR footage--assume this means AVC)"

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:00:14 am

This is another good point

"All keyframing in timeline now"

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:02:51 am

Ships in June

for $299.00 can be downloaded from app store

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:07:13 am

This is it all folks.

No word on other applications like motion, dvd studio pro & color.

Hmmm.........

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

Alexander Higgins
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:07:22 am

[Sohrab Sandhu]

This is it all folks.

Hmmm.........

That is because they are DEEED. So glad we invested in AVID last year. So Glad..

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
No changes to MOTION???
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:22:40 am

[Alexander Higgins] "This is it all folks.
Hmmm.........
That is because they are DEEED. So glad we invested in AVID last year. So Glad.."

WOW!!??

No changes to Motion???

Holy crap!!!

If so, Premiere/After Effects here I come

Return to posts index

Alexander Higgins
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:05:42 am

[Sohrab Sandhu ]
Ships in June

for $299.00 can be downloaded from app store

Sounds like the new iMovie to me. I have been editing for almost 15 years, I can edit with Final Cut Pro as it is fine, like a DEMON. It needs finishing tools, not a bunch of iMovie like sh*t. The new stuff in Final Cut is silly foo foo stuff for ProSumers.

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:09:46 am

Hmmmm.... I am sure senior members will chime in soon but for me, apple has not been very convincing.

Much was said how it was the jaw-dropping, ground-breaking, futuristic application.

Sorry, this nothing like it.

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

Alexander Higgins
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:14:20 am

[Sohrab Sandhu]Hmmmm.... I am sure senior members will chime in soon but for me, apple has not been very convincing.

Much was said how it was the jaw-dropping, ground-breaking, futuristic application.

Sorry, this nothing like it.

For people upgrading for iMOVIE, this is jaw-dropping. For people having to DOWNGRADE from Final Cut Studio, this is a Nightmare. Steve Jobbs can suck it. At least it might bring the industry back up to a better wage since Apple isn't going to mess with the Pro Market anymore.

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:16:50 am

[Alexander Higgins] "For people upgrading for iMOVIE, this is jaw-dropping. For people having to DOWNGRADE from Final Cut Studio, this is a Nightmare. Steve Jobbs can suck it. At least it might bring the industry back up to a better wage since Apple isn't going to mess with the Pro Market anymore."

Nobody HAS to downgrade. Nobody HAS to buy it. Although somebody, apparently, HAS to complain no matter what.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:13:24 am

[Sohrab Sandhu] "Much was said how it was the jaw-dropping, ground-breaking, futuristic application.

Sorry, this nothing like it."

Sounds like Apple has caught up with the pack, but not necessarily leaped ahead. Still, if FCPX will use all my cores and ram and not make me render, I'm happy.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media

Return to posts index

Matthew Sonnenfeld
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:07:20 am

[Sohrab Sandhu] "for $299.00 can be downloaded from app store"

Something doesn't feel right about that. Any word yet on the rest of the studio? Do we think it is being sold a la carte?

And what about for those of us who want a box and a disc?

Panasonic HPX170 P
2008 Unibody Macbook Pro 15 inch, 2.8 Ghz, 4GB RAM
CalDigit VR
Final Cut Pro Studio 3
Avid Media Composer
The College of WIlliam and Mary

Return to posts index

Sohrab Sandhu
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:14:51 am

Lets discuss this annoucement in this new thread

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/1128478

FCS 3, AJA Kona Lhi

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:19:01 am

I can only speak for myself, but a lot of these new features are going to make my day to day life editing news a lot easier and better. And the price is low enough the suits may even spring for it without making me wait a year. The productivity improvement just from not having to render is a huge plus, and will pay fore the upgrade, never mind he auto-everything. If I can stop wasting time on mindless mechanics and concentrate on cutting a story. That IS huge. But I am also really curious about blue ray support because that's what we hope to hang some of our HD archiving and distribution on. What of the other apps? DVDSP? Motion?

Just how cutting-edge does my hardware have to be to run this?

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:22:19 am

[Mark Suszko] "Just how cutting-edge does my hardware have to be to run this?"

I'm hoping it will breathe new life into my 5 year old Mac Pro and run like a champ on my brand new Macbook Pro!

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media

Return to posts index

Miodrag Ristic
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:34:50 am

I wouldn't be surprised if they've been dropped them all together.

It'd be just consistent with their recent moves,
Shake dropped, DVD Studio Pro on deathbed for years.

We can't say we couldn't see it coming (Blu Ray ignoring, no leading in innovation in por apps) .
I suspected it years ago, since iPod and iTunes revolution,
only high priests of Cow where jumping fast to quash all "negative" ideas about FCP or Apple(soft).

This is just first step in dumbing down FCP, next one will be iMovie and FC X merging into one GREAT application.

Return to posts index

Mark Palmos
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:16:28 am

I wonder if the keyframing is "keyframing" as in the crap we have with Studio3, or if it is decent, bezier-able etc...

MOSTLY I wonder if one can see which PARTS of a clip have been used in a timeline... something Avid had over 12 years ago... do I know which parts of shots in a timeline have been used more than once?

Thank god the interface has changed, I really disliked the light grey current look.

Mark.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 13, 2011 at 4:05:28 am

I like the gray interface, myself, it's quiet and non-distracting. I remember much uglier and burn-inducing NLE interfaces in the 90's. I also remember and pine for my days on the Discreet Edit, which is what FCPX's "look" reminds me of strongly. That charcoal theme became popular for a number of platforms in compositing for a while. I would not be surprised to learn the color schemes for the GUI are user-configurable, but that's not a feature you lead off with, that's something for way down the line.

Return to posts index

Miodrag Ristic
on Apr 13, 2011 at 4:23:30 am

Mark, then you should love iMovie too :)
same charcoal color interface...
and windows... and...

I know, I know it's not that bad :)
but wait for the next year release FC Xi

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]