FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final thoughts on the Mac Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Bracken
Final thoughts on the Mac Pro
on Jun 15, 2012 at 7:32:21 pm

I wonder if everyone here is so worried about the Mac Pro why don't you ask the companies that really depend on them.

Such as Pixar, Adobe and AVID.

First, Pixar. Do you think that a company built off of Apple would begin using Windows? This was a company bought by Steve Jobs himself. I highly doubt that. If someone has information that is the opposite then I would like to see it.

Second, Adobe and AVID. I know during the Flash fiasco Adobe and Apple haven't seen eye-to-eye. But, Adobe still makes "insanely great" software (except for the Adobe Reader software that updates every week.) I think that Adobe will always have one foot in Windows and the other foot in Apple. Adobe depends on big production houses and smaller ones buying their suite of software. Whatever platform that is.

TL;DR
So, if Apple kills off they Mac Pro they're not only loosing the production houses, churches and the other but they're loosing Pixar, Adobe and AVID.

Am I wrong?

Return to posts index

Andrew Richards
Re: Final thoughts on the Mac Pro
on Jun 15, 2012 at 8:03:16 pm

[Robert Bracken] "First, Pixar. Do you think that a company built off of Apple would begin using Windows? This was a company bought by Steve Jobs himself. I highly doubt that. If someone has information that is the opposite then I would like to see it. "

You mean the Pixar that is mostly run on Linux with their own in-house apps like Marionette and Renderman?

Best,
Andy

Return to posts index

Robert Bracken
on Jun 16, 2012 at 3:00:43 am

Thanks Andy. I didn't know that.

Return to posts index

Frank Gothmann
on Jun 15, 2012 at 8:09:09 pm

[Robert Bracken] "I wonder if everyone here is so worried about the Mac Pro why don't you ask the companies that really depend on them.

Such as Pixar, Adobe and AVID.

First, Pixar. Do you think that a company built off of Apple would begin using Windows? This was a company bought by Steve Jobs himself. I highly doubt that. If someone has information that is the opposite then I would like to see it.

Pixar uses a combination of Linux, OSX and windows.
And guess what Apple themselves use in their datacenters?
HP Proliant servers and icloud runs of Microsoft Azure.

------
"You also agree that you will not use these products for... the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons."
iTunes End User Licence Agreement

Return to posts index

Shawn Miller
on Jun 15, 2012 at 9:25:05 pm

[Robert Bracken] "
I wonder if everyone here is so worried about the Mac Pro why don't you ask the companies that really depend on them.

Such as Pixar, Adobe and AVID. I>

As Andrew and Frank have pointed out, none of the companies you listed actually 'run on Apple' exclusively. What you might find surprising though, is that, if you peeked into the various edit bays, audio suites and VFX/composite/animation stations at Microsoft Studios, you would mostly find Mac Pros. Now there's a question for you... if Apple abandoned the Mac Pro, what would MS Studios do? Nevermind, I think I already know. :-)

Shawn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]