<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Schumacher
Apple's Future Computer: The Knowledge Navigator
on Jun 14, 2012 at 7:46:14 pm

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Apple's Future Computer: The Knowledge Navigator
on Jun 15, 2012 at 12:31:30 am

Fascinating! How unsubtle the Apple scene from 10:30. And how wholesome are those kids. Taking pictures of mushroooms and engaging with the world instead of the reality of burying their focus in the small phone screen and taking pictures of each other.

I would be interested to know the rough date this Apple promo was made.

Return to posts index

Davee Schulte
on Jun 15, 2012 at 2:30:27 am

i'm pretty sure this as was done under scully leadership. Very different than a steve jobs ad. Remember the lady breaking through the screen with a sledge hammer?

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Jun 15, 2012 at 8:31:56 am

[Michael Gissing] "I would be interested to know the rough date this Apple promo was made."

It was made in 1987. At that time I was working at Lucasfilm in collaboration with Apple on multimedia research, design and production projects (including the proto NLE) and this video was one of the pieces we looked at for inspiration. Mike Liebhold, one of my colleagues from Apple was deeply involved. More info here:

http://www.dubberly.com/articles/the-making-of-knowledge-navigator.html

Hey, anything interesting happen last week while I was off-the-grid on vacation? ;)

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jun 15, 2012 at 8:52:50 am

Thanks David. That's much earlier than I expected and therefore much more prescient than I had given credit on first glance.

While you were away nothing happen. Lots of posts about nothing happening too but it can all be summarised as - MacPro not dead just smells like it. Fancy small laptop with nice screen the only sort of pro new offering.

Apple & Google are at war over maps. During a war, the rest of us are to stay on tight rations so nothing pro really to report.

Return to posts index

David Lawrence
on Jun 16, 2012 at 12:31:18 am

[Michael Gissing] "Thanks David. That's much earlier than I expected and therefore much more prescient than I had given credit on first glance."

You're welcome! Even more prescient when you consider the date in the video is September 2011 and in the real October 2011, Apple unveiled Siri:

http://waxy.org/2011/10/apples_1987_knowledge_navigator_only_one_month_late...

[Michael Gissing] " Lots of posts about nothing happening too but it can all be summarised as - MacPro not dead just smells like it. Fancy small laptop with nice screen the only sort of pro new offering."

Yep, lol. I have a bunch of ginormous threads to catch up on, but It's clear Apple is confounding expectations as much as ever.

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]