FORUMS: list search recent posts

Confirmation from Cook verified by Macworld re Pro Mac

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Wiseman
Confirmation from Cook verified by Macworld re Pro Mac
on Jun 12, 2012 at 10:50:39 pm

Here is an email that has been confirmed by Apple to Macworld. Story by Macworld. Now you have it confirmed by the CEO and verified by Apple to the major Mac publication.
From the article "Apple confirmed to Macworld that the message is indeed from Cook."

https://www.macworld.com/article/1167247/cook_apple_planning_professional_m...

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1,Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1, Premiere Pro 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Avid MC, Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 8Gb SSD, G5 Quadcore PCIe

Return to posts index

Franz Bieberkopf
Re: Confirmation from Cook verified by Macworld re Awesome
on Jun 12, 2012 at 10:57:11 pm

Jim,

Can you highlight the part where he talks about the new Mac Pro?

"something really great" is the new "awesome".

Franz.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Confirmation from Cook verified by Macworld re Pro Mac
on Jun 12, 2012 at 11:10:28 pm

Actually most pros are quickly moving to the point of not caring. Ironically Apple removed the "new" icon from the Mac Pro on the Apple Store today.

My gut feeling is that there WILL be a new Mac Pro in 2013 and it will be of a configuration that most pros don't want and can't use.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Dustin Parsons
on Jun 12, 2012 at 11:42:49 pm

[Oliver Peters] "My gut feeling is that there WILL be a new Mac Pro in 2013 and it will be of a configuration that most pros don't want and can't use."

They could call it MacPro X, that way people can't complain when it doesn't connect to the internet because it's a version 1.

All kidding aside, Tim Cook's ambiguous statements of "something great" is too reminiscent of a promise of "awesome" from Steve Jobs.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Comment was only on MacPro, not iMac
on Jun 13, 2012 at 12:54:34 am

Macrumors - comment was MacPro only
http://www.macrumors.com/2012/06/12/apple-spokesperson-confirms-new-mac-pro...

Update: Apple PR has reached out and clarified that only the Mac Pro is expected to be next updated in 2013. The company had no comment about the iMac, which perhaps means that the iMac could see updates earlier than next year. It has been 406 days since the iMac last received an update, significantly longer than the traditional iMac update interval.

Forbes Updated - comment was MacPro only
http://www.forbes.com/sites/connieguglielmo/2012/06/12/apple-says-new-model...

Cook doesn’t mention the iMac, and Pogue’s reference to an update to the iMac in 2013 is incorrect, Apple said (which probably means that you can expect an iMac update sooner.

My random thought. It could be that the two lines may be consolidated.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
Re: Comment was only on MacPro, not iMac
on Jun 13, 2012 at 1:03:42 am

[Craig Seeman] "My random thought. It could be that the two lines may be consolidated."

Well, here's my theory. Apple is going down the route of Retina displays. Odds are this means new desktop displays, iMacs and maybe Apple TV. So figure 5K+ pixels wide. (Jim Jannard's heart would be a'flutter). My guess is that yields and costs aren't realistic yet, but maybe by next year. To do this means a GPU strong enough to drive it.

Figure two products - a Retina iMac and a Mac Pro replacement. Given what we've seen with the new MBP, imagine a slab form factor on edge (a la the old Avid Mojo in a cradle) with sockets for multiple CPUs and multiple GPUs. Basically a MBP on steroid but sans battery and built-in display. This connected to one or more Retina Cinema Display. Or maybe Apple TV.

As I said - it could be super slick .... AND absolutely useless to many editing professionals.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

mark wilson
on Jun 13, 2012 at 1:39:22 am

Now that Apple is listening, this is the time to start screaming pro features, not after it's updated and called MacProX.

MacPro users, what do you what in it?

Mark Wilson
Creative Communication Inc.

Return to posts index

Baz Leffler
on Jun 13, 2012 at 1:44:07 am

[mark wilson] "MacPro users, what do you what in it?"

1/ more slots....

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Jun 13, 2012 at 1:52:23 am

6G internal, multiple Thunderbolt, multiple USB3, Better graphics options including high end (as well as affordable) Nvidia. More drive bays (including SSD)

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1,Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.1, Premiere Pro 5.5 and 6.0, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Avid MC, Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM GTX-285 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 8Gb SSD, G5 Quadcore PCIe

Return to posts index

James Mortner
on Jun 13, 2012 at 5:26:12 pm

This proves absolutely nothing, other than "something awesome" this way comes.

Could be an iCup holder for all we know

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]