FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X 3D With Dashwood 4.0

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keith Koby
FCP X 3D With Dashwood 4.0
on Jun 6, 2012 at 11:13:04 pm

I know there are those among the readers here who detest the 3D thing... So kindly ignore.

However, I need to make a point here of saying that the new Dashwood 3D 4.0 plugin inside of FCP X really brings it to the forefront of 3D editorial and mastering at an unbeatable price.

The new plugin processes in full res as compared to previous versions at half res. The one major gaping hole that I think is still missing is full res output through two ports on the AJA or BMD. But, true full res file output is now possible. Also, Tim baked in some tools from his 3D CAT (calibration and analysis tool) that sit over the viewer image in fcp x and allow for some amazingly powerful 3D image correction.

I have to say that I'm continually (and progressively) blown away by this new platform despite some of it's early shortcomings. I think the dashwood guys are really showing what is possible within the app and it is amazing.

Keith Koby
Sr. Director Post-Production Engineering
iNDEMAND NETWORKS
Howard TV!/Movies On Demand/iNDEMAND Pay-Per-View/iNDEMAND 3D

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: FCP X 3D With Dashwood 4.0
on Jun 6, 2012 at 11:25:16 pm

I'm looking forward to using this on our next 3D project, I used the previous Dashwood plugin for FCP Legend and it was very good

Steve Connor
"The ripple command is just a workaround for not having a magnetic timelinel"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: FCP X 3D With Dashwood 4.0
on Jun 7, 2012 at 5:37:47 am

Tim is a smart guy in an important niche.

I'm still not convinced that 3D in entertainment will ever ascend to the level of "killer app" - but when I was chatting with Tim at NAB, we were discussing topics like remote surgery - where quality 3D remote imaging and fly-by-wire surgical tools could literally change everything.

So I'm delighted the progress goes on.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]