FORUMS: list search recent posts

MacPro rumor with detailed specs and reasons for choices

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Seeman
MacPro rumor with detailed specs and reasons for choices
on Jun 6, 2012 at 10:13:29 pm

Upcoming New Features and Specs for The New Mac Pro
http://micgadget.com/26895/upcoming-new-features-and-specs-for-the-new-mac-...

Some will certainly want to "debate" the decisions.

Return to posts index

Andrew Richards
Re: MacPro rumor with detailed specs and reasons for choices
on Jun 6, 2012 at 10:20:49 pm

M.I.C. Gadget has been reading these forums it seems.

Best,
Andy

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 6, 2012 at 10:24:43 pm

Of course this forum is now the biggest source of FCPX, NLE, Apple, computer punditry and speculation on the net.

This soon to be followed by a post from Tim verifying that.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 6, 2012 at 10:29:38 pm

And then we'll build a roadmap!

Can we please build a roadmap?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 6, 2012 at 10:33:36 pm

"Siri build me a roadmap please"

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 6, 2012 at 10:37:32 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "And then we'll build a roadmap!"

Not if it's like the one for FCP classic, that finished with a car crash

Steve Connor
"The ripple command is just a workaround for not having a magnetic timelinel"
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 6, 2012 at 10:51:14 pm

ZOOEY DESCHANEL WILL BUILD US A ROADMAP!!!

With Siri.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 6, 2012 at 10:53:20 pm

[Steve Connor] "Not if it's like the one for FCP classic, that finished with a car crash"

I think you mean FCP Legend, for which, a car crash ending is most appropriate.

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 6, 2012 at 10:56:25 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "I think you mean FCP Legend, for which, a car crash ending is most appropriate."

Apologies, I forgot about the re-naming

Steve Connor
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Baz Leffler
on Jun 6, 2012 at 11:49:49 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "[Steve Connor] "Not if it's like the one for FCP classic, that finished with a car crash"

I think you mean FCP Legend, for which, a car crash ending is most appropriate."

I think it was more of a "murder" or "assassination" that has given it martyr status.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 6, 2012 at 11:58:17 pm

FCP Martyr doesn't have the ring of Legend. ;)

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 7, 2012 at 1:37:59 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "FCP Martyr doesn't have the ring of Legend. ;)"

Here's the thing. Legend ain't dead. It's living in the Wynken Blynken & Nod trailer park about 25 minutes outside Sarasota, FL with Jim Morrison, Haile Selassie and Elvis, drinking warm beer all day and arguing who has the coolest nickname.

4) Legend">Legend. Pretty weak. Wynken Blynken & Nod? THAT's a legend.

"Hey Legend, go buy more beer. And don't forget the Corn Nuts this time, d-bag."

3) King of Rock and Roll. Getting warmer, uhm, cooler, but...

Here's another clue for you all: The Walrus Was Elvis. When John Lennon was told in 1977 that Elvis had "died," he replied, "Elvis died the day the day he joined the Army....The rest was a living death." Get it? LIVING. It's "I buried Paul" all over again.

2) Lizard King. Now we're talking. Those leather pants are smelling a little ripe in the Florida heat, but Jim is a living reminder of my grandmother's old saying, "Just because he's a cruel, self-aggrandizing drunk doesn't mean he's NOT a shaman."

Of course, she was talking about my Uncle Nick, but the point remains: awesome nickname.

"Hey, Lizard King. See those lizards in the palm trees? Tell 'em to stop eating my poinciana blossoms."

....ANNNNNND the #1 Coolest nickname in the Wynken Blynken & Nod trailer park:

Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah.

Dude, seriously, THAT's a nickname.

The cool thing is, you could argue (and actually, I kinda do) that ANOTHER of his nicknames is no lower than second place on the list, and maybe on top: Jah Rastafari.

Not to hear Elvis talk about it, though. Yap yap yap, he's just not gonna let this go. Morrison is mostly dozing, but half opens one eye and mumbles, "Mr. Mojo will be rising out of this chair to put his foot in your ass if you don't pipe down."

Even Legend is tired of it, but low man on the totem pole has to keep it to himself. And dang it! Has to go back to get the Corn Nuts.

Tim Wilson
Associate Publisher, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW Magazine
Twitter: timdoubleyou

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 7, 2012 at 1:50:47 am

What was your link there, Tim? I got a 404

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jun 7, 2012 at 2:53:54 am

Dang. We're blazin' now. Of course, they've all got guns, too. Except for Legend, who they've nicknamed Spider, and have fetching drinks.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 7, 2012 at 3:02:56 am

Alright.

I'm missing it.

I think of Winkin, Blinkin, and Nod as three smoke stacks of a factory in or around Lansing, Michigan.

Return to posts index

Chris Harlan
on Jun 7, 2012 at 3:26:55 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "Alright.

I'm missing it.

I think of Winkin, Blinkin, and Nod as three smoke stacks of a factory in or around Lansing, Michigan.
"

Let Walt tell you:

And then Buffy will sing to you:

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 7, 2012 at 3:52:26 am

my brain is melting what does this have to do with elvis, saraota, lizard king leather pants, and corn nut buying dbag

w, b, and n = legend

fcp = living legend

also this is legend:

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 7, 2012 at 4:03:45 am

I can't believe I gave you Ras Tafari making fun of Elvis and Jim Morrison and THIS is your takeaway.

[Jeremy Garchow] "my brain is melting what does this have to do with elvis, saraota, lizard king leather pants, and corn nut buying dbag"

It's the fictional name of the trailer park they really live in. That is all. The REST should be melting your brain, not the name of the trailer park.

I admit, I took a little poetic license trying to conceal the exact location of our heroes. I was inspired by the Wynken Blynken & Nod Estates in Key Largo. Modular homes up front by the highway, block homes along the ocean. My wife and I looked at a very nice house on Bo Peep Lane, but couldn't bring ourselves to LIVE on Bo Peep Lane.

Here, for example, is a nice satellite view of 103 Tweedy Pie Terrace, which is for sale right now. http://goo.gl/maps/vwTY

And no, this is not the exact location of Elvis, Jim, Haile and FCP 7. Definitely closer to Sarasota.

Tim Wilson
Associate Publisher, Editor-in-Chief
Creative COW Magazine
Twitter: timdoubleyou

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jun 7, 2012 at 4:17:27 am

Was that the busted Legend link in your first post, or is that just another way to Brain Melt, Ave.?

[Tim Wilson] "It's the fictional name of the trailer park they really live in. That is all."

I want to make this the only statement in my Cow Profile.

Return to posts index

Tim Wilson
on Jun 7, 2012 at 4:31:09 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "I want to make this the only statement in my Cow Profile."

At the risk of melting more brains, I'm seriously considering making that original post the only thing in MY profile.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jun 7, 2012 at 5:27:07 am

The whole thing makes me want to move out to the Happy Trails trailer park in Surpris, AZ, where i can elect to live on Roy Rogers Blvd. Dale Evans St. Trigger Lane, Nelly Belle Drive, or my personal favorite Pat Brady St.

Yippie ki yay

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Jun 7, 2012 at 4:39:40 am

[Tim Wilson] "Not to hear Elvis talk about it, though. Yap yap yap, he's just not gonna let this go. Morrison is mostly dozing, but half opens one eye and mumbles, "Mr. Mojo will be rising out of this chair to put his foot in your ass if you don't pipe down." "

Dang, I read this as Mr. Moto - and flashed back to 1960s saturday Charlie Chan movies and had to spend the following five minutes revisiting the great Sidney Tolar/Warner Oland debate as to whether Oriental detectives are more properly played by Scottish or Swedish actors.

I've got to get more sleep.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Mr. Moto for comparison

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Jun 7, 2012 at 12:28:28 pm

[Craig Seeman] "Upcoming New Features and Specs for The New Mac Pro
http://micgadget.com/26895/upcoming-new-features-and-specs-for-the-new-mac-.....

Some will certainly want to "debate" the decisions."

So if we could just leave the smoke filled room for a moment and return to the original question....

If these specs were correct would you be happy with them? Providing we get a reasonable choice of graphics cards of course.

I would

Steve Connor
Adrenalin Television

Return to posts index

Herb Sevush
on Jun 7, 2012 at 1:35:12 pm

[Steve Connor] "If these specs were correct would you be happy with them? Providing we get a reasonable choice of graphics cards of course. "

Happy as the proverbial clam.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jun 7, 2012 at 1:55:34 pm

[Steve Connor] "If these specs were correct would you be happy with them? Providing we get a reasonable choice of graphics cards of course."

Yes, I would be fine with that.

Return to posts index

Frank Gothmann
on Jun 7, 2012 at 2:20:14 pm

[Gary Huff] "[Steve Connor] "If these specs were correct would you be happy with them? Providing we get a reasonable choice of graphics cards of course.""

Although I am out of the Mac game I dare to ask: what specs? It doesn't say anything about wether dual cpu configs will be available, how many PCI slots at what speed, how man usb3 and TB slots and controllers, if the memory slots will be a weird as in the previous model etc.
If the pictures hold true they have essentially swapped mainboard and cpu and that's it.
I find it hard to believe they'd be oh so secretive about something everybody else has announced month ago. I am not really buying into the story that this will be it.

------
"You also agree that you will not use these products for... the development, design, manufacture or production of nuclear, missiles, or chemical or biological weapons."
iTunes End User Licence Agreement

Return to posts index

Paul Dickin
on Jun 7, 2012 at 2:36:12 pm

[Frank Gothmann] "I am not really buying into the story that this will be it."
Hi
I agree.
Looking back, this is what I posted on June 29th 2010:
"Put the hard drive bank (except for SSD boot drive(s)) and all PCI-e but one graphics-card slot outboard, with Light Peak connectivity.
Put the CPUs and the RAM back on a flat mobo with proper triple/quad channel configuration.
Sorted..."

That was before LP morphed into TB, but that's where I guess Apple has to be headed.
Nearly two years on I now realise there's something else I missed:
"Sorted – power without Sizzle..."

I think Apple will come up with something to help the ongoing Global Sizzling problem.
Which is particularly relevant to the West/US, which is why it may not be liked ;-)

Return to posts index

Gary Huff
on Jun 7, 2012 at 2:40:33 pm

If the leaked photos are true, than the case is the same, so I would assume the same number of current USB ports. Having Thunderbolt is great, but I'd still add an eSATA card.

I'm not terribly concerned about number of PCI slots. I'm assuming at least one 16x for the video card, and that, at the moment, is the biggest deal for me. Eventually I'll add a proper monitoring output card and perhaps the Qio interface card, but that's currently all I need for the foreseeable future.

Return to posts index

Baz Leffler
on Jun 8, 2012 at 12:10:31 am

TWO more PCIe 16 lane slots would make my day (and then I would want more)...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]