FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Screen Shot

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X Debates

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Devin Crane
FCPX Screen Shot
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:01:33 pm

Got this from The Loop, not quite sure how they got it.

Return to posts index

Tim Vaughan
Re: FCPX Screen Shot
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:13:19 pm

That type tool looks interesting. Almost like one would be able to click on it and start typing in the canvas. Also looks like the audio meters that reside on the side (currently) have expanded to include secondary tracks, without having to open a window. I don't know....Be great to find out further info on the product, including compressor (?) and/or DVD/BD/Web integration. Avid is looking real good these days....

Tim

Return to posts index

Alan Okey
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:32:29 pm

Much has already been said about the similarity of the new UI to iMovie, but I see a strong resemblance to Logic Pro as well.

Judging from other posts on the forum, there's been much concern about a potential lack of tape I/O, but that's merely FUD at this point. Check out the Event Library section of the screenshot. Under the "Media" folder, there's an entry labeled VTR. Of course it's not hard proof of integrated tape I/O, but if you look carefully at all of the media represented in the screenshot, it's obvious that the entries were carefully chosen to represent different camera and media types (Phantom, Alexa, DSLR, GoPro, etc.). I think it's no accident that an item labeled VTR was included along with the other entries. Keep your fingers crossed.

Return to posts index

Ben Holmes
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:32:40 pm

Camera import button top left of timeline - looks like it will be a unified import tool, so maybe this is where log and capture went.

The desktop is reminiscent of iMovie, sure, but also of Aperture, and that I like. Also, note the pretty familiar menu bar at the top. I'm guessing once you scratch the surface a bit more, you see quite a bit that's more familiar.

Right now, it looks like 'learn from scratch', but also 'won't take long to learn'.

Sooo many questions....

Edit Out Ltd
----------------------------
FCP Editor/Trainer/System Consultant
EVS/VT Supervisor for live broadcast
RED camera transfer/post
Independent Director/Producer

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/casestudies/detail.asp?case=therydercup

Return to posts index

Rob Grauert
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:43:38 pm

I like the way the new interface looks. Reminds me more of Avid than iMovie, but maybe that's because I've never really used Avid (only looked at it) and haven't used iMovie since High School (2004-05).

So is this a single-window interface like Motion now?

Rob Grauert, Jr.
http://www.robgrauert.com
command-r.tumblr.com

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:57:27 pm

I really hope this isn't a limited single user GUI. At the supermeet they mentioned "dual screen" as I hope they've made the GUI flexible enough to cater anything from a 11" to a dual 30".

------------------------
Erik Lindahl
Freecloud Post Production Services
http://www.freecloud.se

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 13, 2011 at 4:00:54 pm

OR maybe not....

Return to posts index

Devin Crane
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:59:15 pm

The funny thing is I wished that Apple put as much effort into FCP than what they do for iMovie. I guess I should be careful for what I wish for. Actually iMove does some pretty cool stuff already. However I don't believe iMovie is anywhere near FCPX as far as functionality. I like what I see so far.

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Apr 13, 2011 at 4:04:04 pm

Seeing the video I feel more confident in the "pro" nature of the application. I get freaked out when comparing it to iMovie but I think (hope) we need not to fear. They refer to a lot of "pro only features" so yeah.. Fingers crossed.

------------------------
Erik Lindahl
Freecloud Post Production Services
http://www.freecloud.se

Return to posts index

Craig Shields
on Apr 13, 2011 at 4:13:53 pm

You may have already seen these clips.

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Apr 13, 2011 at 4:59:20 pm

Thanks for that huge screen cap.

The interface actually reminds me of Autodesk Smoke*.
Surprised that I've only heard one other person mention it. (Walter B)

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
Re: FCPX Screen Shot...Interesting....
on Apr 13, 2011 at 5:02:51 pm

It would appear all of that media is on the system drive....

Return to posts index

Craig Shields
on Apr 13, 2011 at 6:35:48 pm

This one really brings it home. The nesting is off the chain. Thanks 'machineurs".

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Apr 13, 2011 at 7:37:38 pm

[Craig Shields] "This one really brings it home. The nesting is off the chain. Thanks 'machineurs".

"

That was fun! It's not the Grand Canyon, but it does look awesome.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]